Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jjleigh said:
I didn't even give the bank statement for 6 months. Only just information with current balances for all accounts and credit card and then additional documents for each account with the open date. On bank letter head with contact info and stamped by them. So they can see that the accounts have been active for a while, but they have no info about the balance at the end of each month.
I think you should submit your bank statements in a CSE, ASAP.

jjleigh

Sep 9, 2016
istari said:
I think you should submit your bank statements in a CSE, ASAP.
Ok thanks so much. Hopefully they understand, Fingers crossed!. As this would be my second CSE. I know I shouldn't complain but It was so frustrating that I was only left with 3 days to apply.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jjleigh said:
I didn't even give the bank statement for 6 months. Only just information with current balances for all accounts and credit card and then additional documents for each account with the open date. On bank letter head with contact info and stamped by them. So they can see that the accounts have been active for a while, but they have no info about the balance at the end of each month.
In that case submit it via CSE (IRCC Web Form) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

delpi

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hello All,
Please I have one question which I feel it's going to benefit most of us.
It is conerning d POF bcos d rate keeps fluctuating daily. How do they check final current balance as against meaning the requirement? Do they use daily rate for the last six months or do they use the balance on the final day of submission to judge if someone meet the pof requirements .
Thanks in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
delpi said:
Hello All,
Please I have one question which I feel it's going to benefit most of us.
It is conerning d POF bcos d rate keeps fluctuating daily. How do they check final current balance as against meaning the requirement? Do they use daily rate for the last six months or do they use the balance on the final day of submission to judge if someone meet the pof requirements .
Thanks in advance
Ideally the applicant should mention the CAD equivalence of their POF as and when they submit it. As far as I know, the value of POF would be considered as at the time of submission. However, to be on the safer side, it is advisable to have more funds as POF than the exact amount mentioned as per LICO. Having at least CAD 500-1500 more than the LICO would ensure that currency fluctuations can be easily factored in or accommodated.

delpi

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Stanlee said:
Ideally the applicant should mention the CAD equivalence of their POF as and when they submit it. As far as I know, the value of POF would be considered as at the time of submission. However, to be on the safer side, it is advisable to have more funds as POF than the exact amount mentioned as per LICO. Having at least CAD 500-1500 more than the LICO would ensure that currency fluctuations can be easily factored in or accommodated.
Thanks mate

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
Hello. Question.

This is my situation. I still do not have an ITA but I am preparing in case I will have one in the coming weeks.

I have declared in my EE profile that I will be showing 13,000 CAD as my POF.

Opened an account in the Philippines last January 2014 with 10 USD balance. The amount stayed like this until September 2016.

Circumstance 1: On September 2016. My friend who has a debt of a converted amount of 2700 CAD paid me by sending a cheque to my almost empty account.

Circumstance 2: Also, once I receive an ITA, I will transfer my money (amounting to 10500 CAD) from the stock market to my savings account to fulfill the required POF by CIC.

Will I need to support both circumstances with a letter of explanation? What documents do I need to support with this case?

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Hi,

I have checking account and car loan with my bank. I have the money required for PoF in the account. But if i show car loan then I won't have enough money. What should i do? Can i get by not showing that i have car loan? Value of car exceeds loan amount, and I have job, so will pay it off in next year.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teejchubbs said:
Hello. Question.

This is my situation. I still do not have an ITA but I am preparing in case I will have one in the coming weeks.

I have declared in my EE profile that I will be showing 13,000 CAD as my POF.

Opened an account in the Philippines last January 2014 with 10 USD balance. The amount stayed like this until September 2016.

Circumstance 1: On September 2016. My friend who has a debt of a converted amount of 2700 CAD paid me by sending a cheque to my almost empty account.

Circumstance 2: Also, once I receive an ITA, I will transfer my money (amounting to 10500 CAD) from the stock market to my savings account to fulfill the required POF by CIC.

Will I need to support both circumstances with a letter of explanation? What documents do I need to support with this case?
For C1, you will need an affidavit from your friend, stating that he is returning money he borrowed from you.

For C2, you will need a document that proves that you sold your stock for a certain amount of money.

teejchubbs

Sep 11, 2016
istari said:
For C1, you will need an affidavit from your friend, stating that he is returning money he borrowed from you.

For C2, you will need a document that proves that you sold your stock for a certain amount of money.
Thank you so much Istari. Follow up question. Does the affidavit need to be notarized or only a signature from my friend will do?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
Dear Experts

Couple of questions

1. For POF does one need to show all the assets and liabilities they have or just show selectively those liquid assets which amount to greater than the requirement.

2. Does one need to show the loans and liabilities they have?

RAH242

Oct 21, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada - Trinidad & Tobago
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Passport Req..
23-03-2017
Hey folks, quick question. If I don't have the minimum amount for the POF will I be rejected? Does it matter if I submit months worth of pay stubs to show that I have a steady source of income and would have more than the minimum amount by the time that I would need to land if my PR application is approved? I can accumulate the balance within the 60 day timeframe but I don't want to have to wait to submit my application. Right now I have half of the minimum amount that's required.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAH242 said:
Hey folks, quick question. If I don't have the minimum amount for the POF will I be rejected? Does it matter if I submit months worth of pay stubs to show that I have a steady source of income and would have more than the minimum amount by the time that I would need to land if my PR application is approved? I can accumulate the balance within the 60 day timeframe but I don't want to have to wait to submit my application. Right now I have half of the minimum amount that's required.
You will be rejected if you don't have the required funds.

RAH242

Oct 21, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
High Commission of Canada - Trinidad & Tobago
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-12-2016
Doc's Request.
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Passport Req..
23-03-2017
istari said:
You will be rejected if you don't have the required funds.
That's what I thought, thanks for your response! Ok, another question, there are people that borrowed money from me who I'll be contacting. When they pay it back and I deposit it onto my account is that going to raise a red flag? Also, I read something saying that if family members gift money to you it's fine once you have a notarized affidavit is that true?