+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
SaaZ77 said:
Hi Experts,

As mentioned above, accompanying spouse doesn't need to submit IELTS reports ?? Only IELTS report from Principal Applicant is required ??
Please clarify.
Thanks in advance,
no, not required (means not mandatory). but it will add some points if you have ur spouse's IELTS.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
ThisIsHoof said:
cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

The above link states that all applicants need at least $12,000 to apply.

Where the hell did this rule come from? Why didn't they mention this when the rules came out months ago?

This is an outrage, how are people supposed to come up with that sort of money in 60 days?

Do we need to show the money when we apply for EE or after we get the ITA?
hi,

I have 12k CAD(Rs 5.5laks) in fixed deposit since last 5 months, my average bank balance since last 6 months is Rs3.3 laks( CAD 6k).....will this be enough ......long back money was deposited by my dad, will they need gift deed and all as my salary is just 20k INR.

please answer and help me, thanq very much in advance.

cheers,
Canadianrrk.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canadianrrk said:
hi,

I have 12k CAD(Rs 5.5laks) in fixed deposit since last 5 months, my average bank balance since last 6 months is Rs3.3 laks( CAD 6k).....will this be enough ......long back money was deposited by my dad, will they need gift deed and all as my salary is just 20k INR.

please answer and help me, thanq very much in advance.

cheers,
Canadianrrk.
If the sum of money deposited by your dad was in the last six months, you will need to explain the inflow of money into your account when you submit your 6 months bank statement. To be on the safer side, get a Gift Deed for the same. For Gift Deed, you can refer to this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-money-declaration-from-father-to-son-outline-t347593.0.html

yeokyungjin

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2016
Hi,

What if I got the money as a bonus from my current job? Do I still need to explain how I got the money? Or just bank statement is okay?

PurpleStar

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
yeokyungjin said:
Hi,

What if I got the money as a bonus from my current job? Do I still need to explain how I got the money? Or just bank statement is okay?
It's best to still submit a letter to explain and attach your pay stub or equivalent doc as proof that it was your bonus from the company.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
yeokyungjin said:
Hi,

Submit appraisal letter/bonus letter along with a Letter of Explanation.

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
yeokyungjin said:
Hi,

Your bank statement will show the details of money deposited in your account, whether it is your salary or bonus along with your employer's name.
So I don't think there will be any issue, but LOE also won't harm.

Phaphy5

Nov 18, 2015
hello guys, i was requested to submit additional information on proof of fund which i already did. i was given 30Days. i want to find out like how many days will it take to get my ppr as it was stated in the letter sent to me that the application process is completed

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Phaphy5 said:
hello guys, i was requested to submit additional information on proof of fund which i already did. i was given 30Days. i want to find out like how many days will it take to get my ppr as it was stated in the letter sent to me that the application process is completed
Can you please explain a bit detail? like e-APR date, Background check date and was there any issue with your bank statements?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Phaphy5 said:
IT MEANS VERY SOON IN THIS MONTH EVEN

DW

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
24-08-2016
Experts, I have a question.

When we arrive at the port of entry, we have to show proof of funds to the officer from CBSA.
Do I need to show the proof of entire amount that I have mentioned in the application?
For eg. if I have shown $12k, then do I need to show proof of entire amount?

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
DW said:
Experts, I have a question.

When we arrive at the port of entry, we have to show proof of funds to the officer from CBSA.
Do I need to show the proof of entire amount that I have mentioned in the application?
For eg. if I have shown $12k, then do I need to show proof of entire amount?
You can carry some amount, and rest you can keep in your home country Bank account. and take a recent bank statement, and if possible go to bank and ask for a Bank certificate mentioning the amount in your local currency and equivalent CAD.

this is what I understood from other posts.

Marquise2016

Mar 11, 2016
Hi Asivad and guys,

Could you please advise if this way of POF will work for me:
I have recently received ITA and need POF. I live in Ukraine with very unstable banking system where people usually save money in cash, not in banks. Anyway, I though I could open an account for around 12k CAD (i'm single applicant) and explain the situation in LOE. I plan to get letter from the bank with my deposit info. But I do not need to do the "average 6 month" thing, right?
Also, do I need to get my transactions for 6 month? As it will actually be only 1 big transaction this month (i plan to submit application in Apr)

I was also thinking to provide CIC with the transactions for 6 month & 6 month average from my salary account (it is in a different bank) which will show that with such salary I could save 12k CAD in few years (which in reality i did).

Do you think that would be enough?
Maybe you have some advise on how to make it more clear for CIC?

Thanks in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Marquise2016 said:
Hi Asivad and guys,

Could you please advise if this way of POF will work for me:
I have recently received ITA and need POF. I live in Ukraine with very unstable banking system where people usually save money in cash, not in banks. Anyway, I though I could open an account for around 12k CAD (i'm single applicant) and explain the situation in LOE. I plan to get letter from the bank with my deposit info. But I do not need to do the "average 6 month" thing, right?
Also, do I need to get my transactions for 6 month? As it will actually be only 1 big transaction this month (i plan to submit application in Apr)

I was also thinking to provide CIC with the transactions for 6 month & 6 month average from my salary account (it is in a different bank) which will show that with such salary I could save 12k CAD in few years (which in reality i did).

Do you think that would be enough?
Maybe you have some advise on how to make it more clear for CIC?

Thanks in advance
As long as you can prove that the funds that you deposited/plan to deposit in the bank account belongs to you and it is not a loan/borrowed, you should be good. Yes, it would be good to substantiate your situation with a Letter of Explanation. Also submit 6 month statements of your salary account along with a letter from the bank which states 6 months and 6 months average details.