+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

singh291

Jan 7, 2016
I can do that easily.

Nevertheless, I am going to show the funds in a different bank account as compared to the bank in which I received the funds.
in order to show the debit entry, I will have to show the account from other bank as well, where I have the mortgage.
Lastly, Do I only need to show it in case I am asked for it?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh291 said:
I can do that easily.

Nevertheless, I am going to show the funds in a different bank account as compared to the bank in which I received the funds.
in order to show the debit entry, I will have to show the account from other bank as well, where I have the mortgage.
Lastly, Do I only need to show it in case I am asked for it?
Having a mortgage is not a problem. If you move the funds, CIC will again need you to prove source of funds so try and keep it simple. You'll have to convincingly prove upfront that these funds aren't borrowed.

singh291

Jan 7, 2016
I have the proof when I moved the funds from one bank to another, in Canada. I got it done through a draft and I have the copy of that.

Secondly, they don't need to see accounts with all the banks, right. They would be interested in the funds and it could be with any bank.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh291 said:
I have the proof when I moved the funds from one bank to another, in Canada. I got it done through a draft and I have the copy of that.

Secondly, they don't need to see accounts with all the banks, right. They would be interested in the funds and it could be with any bank.
No, you don't have to showcase all accounts.

faultyjack99

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd March 2015
Hi all,
My name is Vijay.
I am in a very bad situation.
I got my ITA and submitted my application on 6th Jan 16.
I made a terrible mistake, I sent a letter from bank as pof without the 6 months statement or any mention of average 6 month balance in the letter. It just has my balance on a particular date in INR and CAD.
Problem is that I arranged for the funds from 2 friends who have given me cheque and it was close to 4 lakhs. Rest I deposited it as cash which was given by my father who had removed the money from his account. I also made multiple cash deposits to maintain the balance.
I am worried about rejection now as I just came to know about the average balance requirement on letter and I did not even submit the statement.
Please can some seniors help me.
I am feeling tensed.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faultyjack99 said:
Hi all,
My name is Vijay.
I am in a very bad situation.
I got my ITA and submitted my application on 6th Jan 16.
I made a terrible mistake, I sent a letter from bank as pof without the 6 months statement or any mention of average 6 month balance in the letter. It just has my balance on a particular date in INR and CAD.
Problem is that I arranged for the funds from 2 friends who have given me cheque and it was close to 4 lakhs. Rest I deposited it as cash which was given by my father who had removed the money from his account. I also made multiple cash deposits to maintain the balance.
I am worried about rejection now as I just came to know about the average balance requirement on letter and I did not even submit the statement.
Please can some seniors help me.
I am feeling tensed.
This would certainly lead to refusal.

Arrange for signed self-declarations from everyone who has given you money. These declarations must mention the transaction details and explicitly mention that this transaction is a gift not a loan. They must be supported with bank statements showing credit and debit side transactions.

Send a CSE with these documents along with a polite and apologetic note requesting the officer to add this to your application and hope for the best.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
This would certainly lead to refusal.

Arrange for signed self-declarations from everyone who has given you money. These declarations must mention the transaction details and explicitly mention that this transaction is a gift not a loan. They must be supported with bank statements showing credit and debit side transactions.

Send a CSE with these documents along with a polite and apologetic note requesting the officer to add this to your application and hope for the best.

CSE ---> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Hi Asivad... I had almost the same thing, I submitted a letter covered all what they requested except this 6 month average since the bank doesn't issue such information..

Will they usually refer back to you or just Refuse the application directly!!!? or could depends on the amount in the letter/accounts?

Thanks for your feedback!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:

Hi Asivad... I had almost the same thing, I submitted a letter covered all what they requested except this 6 month average since the bank doesn't issue such information..

Will they usually refer back to you or just Refuse the application directly!!!? or could depends on the amount in the letter/accounts?

Thanks for your feedback!
If you haven't submitted conclusive evidence to prove that you haven't borrowed funds, you'll be refused.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you haven't submitted conclusive evidence to prove that you haven't borrowed funds, you'll be refused.
so now what to do in your opinion?

file a case or anything will help or its too late? and if needs so what shall i include with it?

thnx

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Maverickjo said:

file a case or anything will help or its too late? and if needs so what shall i include with it?

thnx
Hi Asivad, All

i could not find anywhere in CIC website saying proofs of funds for 6 months.. could you please help where is it written..

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
My situation is as follows. I received the ITA on 6th Jan, 2016.
I had my past savings saved in my father's account since senior person earn more interest. Now he transferred back to me in Dec and I converted them into FD for 6 months in my account. Now I had following documents:

1) 6 months statement from bank. Statement shows, credit to my account by my father. My father has saved the remittance slips.
2) I have FD certificate from State Bank. FD is for 6 months from Dec.
3) My father has written a undertaking that, funds are mine which was saved in his account which is now transferred back to me and does not require them back.

I would like to know if I should upload all the 3 documents or only the FD certificate. FD covers more than what I need to have as POF.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:

thnx
Asivad. . Good day.. do u think the above will help? Or shall I again ask the bank to add this six month average statement and then file a case to cic?

Ur answer is highly appreciated..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:
Asivad. . Good day.. do u think the above will help? Or shall I again ask the bank to add this six month average statement and then file a case to cic?

Ur answer is highly appreciated..
Send a CSE and attach 6 months of bank statements duly signed by bank authorities. 6 months counting back from the day you submitted your post ITA application. You'll not be in any trouble if you haven't borrowed money for POF purposes.

Dr.Khanda

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. This is my first post in this forum.
I made my EE profile on 7th December and got PT notificatiin on 11th Dec. From the point of starting this whole process back in Feb I have always looked upto this forum for guidance. Never had I a query that was already not been explained here. I am really really thankful to all the members. You all are doing a great job. This world can be such a better place if people like you all can join hands and help each other. Much appreciated.
Thanks

now just a quick question. I am the principal applica t and my husband trasnferred his funds in my account. Do I need to attach a declaration signed by my husband that it is not a loan? He is accompanying me . Moreover my account is just 10 days old. Do I need to explain that I was currently unemployed and moved to Dubai recently so had no account?