Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
But I don't understand.

You want to immigrate to Canada. You are married and 'in love' (don't want to be apart). You're happy to be accepted and move over there, then sponsor her (which can take 2 years) to bring her over? Plus when she gets there you're implying that she doesn't have the qualifications or language skills to help with your points score.
Maybe scam is the wrong word, but it certainly seems immoral. I'm sure a lot of the officers are looking at why so many people get PR without bringing their spouses. I wouldn't be surprised if the rules change and a person with PR has to wait 5 years before they can sponsor someone to come over.
It is what it is unfortunately, I hope there is a change to the whole "She/He is not accompanying me but oh wait i'm sponsoring that person later on"

Cheers ;)

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
kryt0n said:
But I don't understand.

You want to immigrate to Canada. You are married and 'in love' (don't want to be apart). You're happy to be accepted and move over there, then sponsor her (which can take 2 years) to bring her over? Plus when she gets there you're implying that she doesn't have the qualifications or language skills to help with your points score.
Maybe scam is the wrong word, but it certainly seems immoral. I'm sure a lot of the officers are looking at why so many people get PR without bringing their spouses. I wouldn't be surprised if the rules change and a person with PR has to wait 5 years before they can sponsor someone to come over.
My points are dropping because she is still completing her Master's so I either wait for her Master's to complete or include her as such, in both the scenarios I dont see myself getting an ITA again. We all want some of the rules to change in one way or another, but thats way it is. I really hope that everyone gets and ITA soon.

btw,

Do you know anything about my original question?

pogunwomoju

Sep 21, 2016
Dear all, can someone please shed more light on this for me - I've been a student for the past two years, thus i am relying on my brother to give me the required funds for the immigration process. Now the question is this:

1. Can i move the money in/out of account after he has deposited it? This is because i maybe engaging in some businesses during the period of the PR application.

2. Do CIC check with the banks to know if exactly the money is there in my account? I am scared if they check with my bank when i move part of the money from my account.

Thanks in advance for your views on this.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you get an ITA you have to give them a letter from your bank stating how long you have had the account and your average balance over the last 6 months (which should be the minimum funds). If you don't have that then you provide bank statements. If you have a lump sum in your account then they will ask why and if it's dodgy or they think it's a loan it will be refused. Your brother will need to provide a certified gift deed proving it's not a loan. If it's all approved and you get your PR then when you land you may/will be asked to prove again you still have the funds.

NaijaBigMond

Oct 25, 2016
Subject: PROOF OF FUND

Hello Seniors!.......Stanlee, SINP-Katmandu, Raj, Asivad, Bestofluck, FKL, DigitalDestiny, Maged, Prashant, etc etc etc -----Help ooooooh!

"May God bless you all and meet your needs before you even need them" for taking time out to help others! IJN. Amen

I've gathered all documentations and am about applying/expressing interest for some PNPs (especially SINP-EE, NBPNP-EE, NSPNP-EE, PEIPNP-EE, etc), but now my fear/challenge is that all my expected POF money is not up to the required three 3 Months in the bank and my wife is urging me to apply for PNPs right away. Will it be accepted or rejected? Your suggestions, thought & take, please!!!

I have been keeping about ~1/3 of this amount for a family of five in an FD based on a joint account named on my wife & I, for a long time. Now another ~1/3 is coming from my wife's office cooperative savings scheme into her salary account before she will forward it to our joint Acct. While another remaining ~1/3 part is coming from my office Cooperative Saving scheme account into my own personal salary account before I'll forward it into the main Joint account. Now, If a 3 mths Bank statement is printed, both of this two ~2/3 transfers or deposits will show just less a month duration in the account. None is borrowed or loan money but truly our matured & withdrawn savings. And am also accompanying this main joint acct statements with another 3mths each from both my wife and I salary accounts to show the source,

How do the PNPs officers (especially SINP-EE international) and the VOs after ITA see this. What's the risk....I just can't wait for the next three months maturity now that I've been able to raise the dow!, please advice!!!!!!!!!..

Thanks in advance
(Apologies for multi-postings, pls)

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi kryt0n,

I also have the same question as asked by pogunwomoju. I can show the required amount now with a gift certificate from my father. Moving ahead I can also show the amount on landing there. But I cannot maintain the same amount in the processing time between PR application submission and final results from CIC. So just wanted to be sure if CIC checks whether amount shown in the statement is actually maintained later or not?

Thanks in advance.

pogunwomoju

Sep 21, 2016
kryt0n said:
If you get an ITA you have to give them a letter from your bank stating how long you have had the account and your average balance over the last 6 months (which should be the minimum funds). If you don't have that then you provide bank statements. If you have a lump sum in your account then they will ask why and if it's dodgy or they think it's a loan it will be refused. Your brother will need to provide a certified gift deed proving it's not a loan. If it's all approved and you get your PR then when you land you may/will be asked to prove again you still have the funds.
Thanks Kryt0n, i know my brother has to provide a notarised gift deed but my question is that after this is done and i've submitted my application, can i move this money in/out of my account while waiting for COPR? I dont know if CIC checks with my bank to confirm i have the funds, just to be on the safe side so they dont check during the period i moved out the money.

juarezse

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
journey21 said:
I am already working in Canada, I have been for the last year.
My LMIA was just approved and I applied for my PR through express entry.
Do I still have to show the officer my bank account information?
I mean all my money and savings is in a Canadian bank. I dont bring any cash with me.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juarezse said:
I am already working in Canada, I have been for the last year.
My LMIA was just approved and I applied for my PR through express entry.
Do I still have to show the officer my bank account information?
I mean all my money and savings is in a Canadian bank. I dont bring any cash with me.
If you're working in Canada, you don't have to provide PoF.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OK, this is what CIC says:

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191
You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.
How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than CAN$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined, and your funds could be seized. These funds could be in the form of:

cash,
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
Report a problem or mistake on this page