+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

gudman89

Dec 14, 2015
Hi everybody,

Got a question here: Can I provide my proof of funds from a non-canadian bank? Has anybody had experience like that?

Thank you in advance!

faultyjack99

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd March 2015
Asivad, if I don't send statement then how do I prove the transaction.
What are the acceptable documents in this case.

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Hi Asivad ,

Just want some info. Here is my case.

We are 3 ppl in family so we need to show 950,000. Me myself and my kid.
My wife is primary applicant . and we got ITA today. For proof of funds we are planning to show gift deed as follows

1. My wife got 200,000 from her father for which she can show gift deed
2. I had around 200,000 in my account and i got in month of december as my FD matured, Another 550,000 was transfered to my account from my grandfather for which he will provide gift deed. So the total in my account is 750,000

My question is Can we both submit the proof of funds or only my wife need to show it. What all documents will be required .As per my understanding .

We both will need to give 6 month monthly statements , along with Gift Deed. Will that be sufficient ?

Thanks in advance .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faultyjack99 said:
Asivad, if I don't send statement then how do I prove the transaction.
What are the acceptable documents in this case.
You'll have to provide bank statements to prove actual funds transfer - no way around that requirement.

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
Hi Asivad,

If i provide gift deed to my wife for 14k CAD then how many months statement i need to provide as proof of transfer . CAN CIC ask me source of my funds also , as I am a co applicant . My wife being primary applicant . But recently only i got around around 10k CAD from my grandfather .

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidy1116 said:
Hi Asivad,

If i provide gift deed to my wife for 14k CAD then how many months statement i need to provide as proof of transfer . CAN CIC ask me source of my funds also , as I am a co applicant . My wife being primary applicant . But recently only i got around around 10k CAD from my grandfather .

Thanks
If you're gifting funds, you don't have to prove source of funds. CIC doesn't ask for source of funds from the donor.

yankabatkay

Jan 16, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Hello everyone!
That's my first post here, but I'm a devoted reader. Thank you all for valuable info.

I've got a question. I received an ITA just this week. I don't have any 6 -month old deposits.
I`ve got a spare apartment (an investment made 8 years ago) and a close relative of mine wants to buy it right now.
Will that do if I put my money as a lump sum in the bank and enclose a copy (with translations of course) of a Selling contract confirmed by notary public. Legally in my country that means that the property is sold for the indicated sum of money.

Is there any trouble that a close relative (my brother) actually is the Buyer?

Thanks in advance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yankabatkay said:
Hello everyone!
That's my first post here, but I'm a devoted reader. Thank you all for valuable info.

I've got a question. I received an ITA just this week. I don't have any 6 -month old deposits.
I`ve got a spare apartment (an investment made 8 years ago) and a close relative of mine wants to buy it right now.
Will that do if I put my money as a lump sum in the bank and enclose a copy (with translations of course) of a Selling contract confirmed by notary public. Legally in my country that means that the property is sold for the indicated sum of money.

Is there any trouble that a close relative (my brother) actually is the Buyer?

Thanks in advance
You can certainly do this and it doesn't matter who buys the apartment. All you need to legally and conclusively prove is,

1. That you owned the apartment entirely in your name without any residual mortgage/part ownership. If there is a mortgage/part ownership, disclose details about that as well.

2. That the sale was conducted and concluded as per the laws prevalent in your country.

3. That the money was indeed transferred to your bank account by the buyer/financial institution supporting the buyer in this transaction.

4. That this money belongs exclusively to you and all mortgage/part ownership claims on said apartment have been settled, if any.

If you can prove this, these funds can be used for POF purposes.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You'll have to provide bank statements to prove actual funds transfer - no way around that requirement.
Dear Asivad,

For which duration the donor account statement should be shown? If I show bank statement of the donor for recent one month showing the transfer of fund into my account, will that suffice?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shipper said:
Dear Asivad,

For which duration the donor account statement should be shown? If I show bank statement of the donor for recent one month showing the transfer of fund into my account, will that suffice?
Just that transaction alone would suffice.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi did I miss something.. Is it required to have tthe donors bank document? Isnt it enough to see in your statememt that his bank account is feeding your bank account with tthe rrequied sum?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
Hi did I miss something.. Is it required to have tthe donors bank document? Isnt it enough to see in your statememt that his bank account is feeding your bank account with tthe rrequied sum?
True. No harm in submitting the debit side of things as well.

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
Hi all,

I am going to apply for OINP under human capital stream. To show proof of funds I have 3 options as per application guide which are as below

Bank account in Canada :
If you have a personal bank account in Canada, provide copies of bank statements for the six months prior to the submission of the application to OINP.

Bank account outside of Canada :
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution.

Income in Ontario :
If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario or a valid job offer in Ontario (note that you must be able to legally work in Ontario). See Section 3.1 for required documents.

Since I don't have enough money in my bank account so I m going to prove settlement funds through my income in Ontario. But in the document checklist in the application there are only following options to tick
1> Current bank certification letter; or
2> Evidence of savings balance; or
3> Fixed or time deposit statements.

So which option should I choose?

aish89

Jun 3, 2015
Hi all,

I am going to apply for OINP under human capital stream. To show proof of funds I have 3 options as per application guide which are as below

Bank account in Canada :
If you have a personal bank account in Canada, provide copies of bank statements for the six months prior to the submission of the application to OINP.

Bank account outside of Canada :
If you do not have a personal bank account in Canada, you must provide six months of original up-to-date bank statements from a recognized financial institution.

Income in Ontario :
If you demonstrate ongoing employment income to satisfy the settlement funds requirement, submit supporting documents as evidence of ongoing employment in Ontario or a valid job offer in Ontario (note that you must be able to legally work in Ontario). See Section 3.1 for required documents.

Since I don't have enough money in my bank account so I m going to prove settlement funds through my income in Ontario. But in the document checklist in the application there are only following options to tick
1> Current bank certification letter; or
2> Evidence of savings balance; or
3> Fixed or time deposit statements.

So which option should I choose?