+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys, i just want to ask. If our POF is complete by 3rd week of November and we submitted already an application for PNP EE to the province and get ITA let's say 3rd week of December.. I want to borrow a 1,030 CAD(3K AED) after our POF to show that we did not borrow this POF..funds were from me and my husband salary...this credit card loan is non-interest, 3 months to pay only..i just want to pay my sister cause i have a debt to her 2 years ago. Will it cause any problem? Will the CIC question my 3 months non interest loan of 1k CAD? I just don't want to mess up our application..

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hi guys, i just want to ask. If our POF is complete by 3rd week of November and we submitted already an application for PNP EE to the province and get ITA let's say 3rd week of December.. I want to borrow a 1,030 CAD(3K AED) after our POF to show that we did not borrow this POF..funds were from me and my husband salary...this credit card loan is non-interest, 3 months to pay only..i just want to pay my sister cause i have a debt to her 2 years ago. Will it cause any problem? Will the CIC question my 3 months non interest loan of 1k CAD? I just don't want to mess up our application..
It'll show a shortfall and won't be accepted. Rather take out the funds after you receive the AOR. But make sure, you fill it up after receiving the PPR request as an updated POF will be required to show upon landing. Generally they don't ask for but still.

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
It'll show a shortfall and won't be accepted. Rather take out the funds after you receive the AOR. But make sure, you fill it up after receiving the PPR request as an updated POF will be required to show upon landing. Generally they don't ask for but still.
So it is alright to take some money from POF after AOR? And deposit again after PPR? I don't have plans actually of taking any money from our POF..so it's not advisable to take even small amount of loan prior to submission of ePR even if the account where my POF is loan free? The loan is not autodebited and it's from my salary account not my savings account..

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
so it's not advisable to take even small amount of loan prior to submission of ePR even if the account where my POF is loan free?

This you're suggesting or asking?

saveslife10

Apr 1, 2019
so it's not advisable to take even small amount of loan prior to submission of ePR even if the account where my POF is loan free?

This you're suggesting or asking?
It has a question mark sir on the end of the sentence, so 100% asking and clarifying things..

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
As I said earlier, after AOR, you may withdraw funds and after PPR mail, you may refurbish it.
The suggestion is "these funds must remain in the account for the length of the process".

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello guys,

I've read many posts with conflicting information regarding Proof of Funds (POF) and would like a little bit of clarification if possible. I think I can mostly narrow it down to two explanations:

1. You DO NOT need to have the required amount in a bank account for 6 months prior to POF submission (6 month average is less than required amount). You show your last 6 bank statements, however, only the MOST RECENT bank statement should reflect the required amount for your particular case and you WOULD be approved because you satisfy the requirement.

2. You DO need to have the required amount in your bank account for at least the last 6 months prior to submission (or an equivalent average). This would mean that even if on the most recent bank statement you DO have the required amount (but you didn't have it on your other 5, (i.e. you have been saving money and you just reached the required amount on month 6), you WOULD NOT be approved because you just have one month with the required money.

Which one of these is it? Please advise. I understand that this is a forum not a place for legal counsel or anything. I just want to pool opinions around and see what people's experience is with POF.

*This question excludes Gift Deeds of any kind.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
It's somewhere between 1 & 2 and response is subjective. The reason cic is asking for 6 months average balance to gauge if their is a significant difference between average vs current balance. If your average is slightly less than) equal/more than current balance and also required limit, it is okay because it's natural to have variances. But if your average is significantly less than current, the case officer might want to find out what caused the sudden increase in your fund amount and if it is legitimate source. Till the time you can explain the source, it will be approved.

Hello guys,

I've read many posts with conflicting information regarding Proof of Funds (POF) and would like a little bit of clarification if possible. I think I can mostly narrow it down to two explanations:

1. You DO NOT need to have the required amount in a bank account for 6 months prior to POF submission (6 month average is less than required amount). You show your last 6 bank statements, however, only the MOST RECENT bank statement should reflect the required amount for your particular case and you WOULD be approved because you satisfy the requirement.

2. You DO need to have the required amount in your bank account for at least the last 6 months prior to submission (or an equivalent average). This would mean that even if on the most recent bank statement you DO have the required amount (but you didn't have it on your other 5, (i.e. you have been saving money and you just reached the required amount on month 6), you WOULD NOT be approved because you just have one month with the required money.

Which one of these is it? Please advise. I understand that this is a forum not a place for legal counsel or anything. I just want to pool opinions around and see what people's experience is with POF.

*This question excludes Gift Deeds of any kind.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
It's somewhere between 1 & 2 and response is subjective. The reason cic is asking for 6 months average balance to gauge if their is a significant difference between average vs current balance. If your average is slightly less than) equal/more than current balance and also required limit, it is okay because it's natural to have variances. But if your average is significantly less than current, the case officer might want to find out what caused the sudden increase in your fund amount and if it is legitimate source. Till the time you can explain the source, it will be approved.
Exactly

They just want to make sure the source of the money is legit.

We didn't have the average, not even close, but we explained in LOE where the money came from

lucky007

Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys, Please I need your advise. I recently got a nomination as a single applicant and I am waiting to get ITA. When filling out the forms for nomination i indicated that i had 15,000CAD. However, I now have only 13,000CAD. this is still higher than the required fund for 1 applicant. Is it a problem if my POF on EE is different from what i indicated during PNP? thanks in advance.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi All,
I have applied for my PR with all the documents necessary on 14th November but I did not know that we need to maintain the Proof of Funds bank balance until we get PPR, and so I spent some good amount out of the CAD 12712 I had shown as Proof of Funds. I am already in Canada and waiting for my PGWP currently and working full time (implied status) and I am pretty sure I will bring my balance back to the original amount (or more) by the end of this year. I got this money from my parents as a gift and have also submitted gift deed affidavit.

My question is if and when I get PPR will the drop in my balance be an issue even if I have more than the funds required to immigrate to Canada. Also, the money is my Canadian Bank Account.

Requesting everyone to please let me know of any problems I could face and the potential solution to those problems.