+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

jaican

Sep 2, 2018
Hi everyone. I have just received an ITA and now preparing the required documents for my PR application. Just a few clarifications regarding proof of funds:
1. I am using my payroll account as my POF. This is the same account that I use everyday for my living expenses so there are a lot of debit transactions including coffee, etc. Is that going to be fine?
2. Will my credit card balance be considered and deducted from my current bank account balance in determining whether my POF is good enough?

Please enlighten me and thank you everyone for constantly being active in helping others. Cheers!

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
Hi all

The address on the bank letter for oroof of funds has to be the bank branch address or the headoffice of bank address will do?

Reyaansonam26

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hi guys i have 2 doubts
1) will my salary account work as POF ?
2) nearly half of the fund has been transferred by my husband gradually in my account over a period of 8-9 months.( Who ll be my accompanying spouse) will it cause a problem?

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
if the transfer is within the last 6 months then you have to show the source of funds I.e. the account from which it is being transferred and proof of transfer( cheque/ internet transfer), if this account doesn't belong to you then you need to back it up with a gift deed or any legal document to prove your ownership of funds.
I know this post is old, but hoping someone will have an answer. I have a similar issue. I closed my Citibank salary account about 4 months ago. Before closing it, I transferred the money in bulk to my years old SBI account and my (new) ICICI account. Now, I am using my SBI account to show proof of funds. Naturally this bulk transfer shows up as a sore thumb. I can only explain this as a fund transfer from my own old account to here. What proof can I provide for this, since the old account does not exist anymore?
In my documents for my work history, I have attached payslips wherever available and it can be easily seen that the account number there belonged to a Citibank account. Will this be enough? Citibank obviously will not give me a letter as I am not their customer anymore.

lfclub96

Jan 12, 2019
Need your help please
Me and my wife planning to submit EE profile this month
I have an esaver account with Hsbc.
I was checking the account monthly average for the last 6 months (in CAD)
3377 5310 6867 9328 13408 16811

You think this will be acceptable. That we did not maintain the same average for 6 months.
We started saving right after our marriage last september 2018.

Ambrose4045

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
My wife is the primary applicant. I am expecting ita in the coming draw. My dad is going to sponsor almost the entire amount. Is it acceptable by CIC for father in law to provide a gift deed to daughter in law ?? Or gift deed can only be given by parents?

Reactions: nancybedi2307

Geeclass

Jan 21, 2019
Hi,

Please I have two questions

1. I received ITA in December and I intend to use my back statement as POF. However my account bank statement reflects a lump sum deposit into my account in sept 2018. I transferred this lump sum back to the sender in bits in Nov 2018. Do I need an LOE to explain this lump sum? Meanwhile I have the required sum for my family composition.

2. I have completed the eAPR form, however anytime I click on the "PREVIEW SCORE" no score populates for me. It also says I am not qualified for FSW. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but is a very long thread, I'm currently gathering all the docs to respond to my ITA, my wife and me had a wedding reception back in early December and received a substantial amount of cash that we started to deposit in my bank account, how do i support this money to IRCC?

nancybedi2307

Jan 19, 2019
My wife is the primary applicant. I am expecting ita in the coming draw. My dad is going to sponsor almost the entire amount. Is it acceptable by CIC for father in law to provide a gift deed to daughter in law ?? Or gift deed can only be given by parents?

Same query

Matrixvicky

Nov 16, 2018
I have a doubt, I had some amount of money in my other Bank account, which I am not getting balance certificate. I did this transfer after getting ITA. So, should I explain in letter of explanation that this transfer is from my other Bank account .