+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello All,

I have a question regarding Proof of funds letters from financial institutions.

I am with chase and I do not have any chase bank ( physical location) in my state. I have to travel 4 to 5 hours to get to the nearest one. Do I need to get a letter from them saying that my current balance and my average six-month balance or just the statements which I can get from my online account?

Thanks in advance
Try calling the customer care.

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Hi guys I need your help...
I have salary account and I have enough money to show POF but salary account is zero balance bank denied to give me average monthly balance. As per them they will give certificate of balance till date......

Please advise if I submit 6 month statement and this certificate along with a letter explaining that bank denied to give average monthly balance due to salary account but I am attaching 6 month statement to justify I have that that much amount. Will it work or any other suggestions

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys I need your help...
I have salary account and I have enough money to show POF but salary account is zero balance bank denied to give me average monthly balance. As per them they will give certificate of balance till date......

Please advise if I submit 6 month statement and this certificate along with a letter explaining that bank denied to give average monthly balance due to salary account but I am attaching 6 month statement to justify I have that that much amount. Will it work or any other suggestions
A lot of banks deny giving an average balance, so your case is more common than you know, so a Bank statement & a LOE will suffice to explain . Ensure the bank letter you get from the bank contains all the necessary info as seen on the CIC website (like, date of opening, etc), signed & stamped, etc.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thank you! But my bank does not and cannot provide me a letter :(
Call your bank, they can & should be able to provide the signed bank letter or something close to it.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
In POF letter, we have bank balance as on date greater than required amt but for last six months balance is 2-3 lakhs

In LOE do we have to explain? The difference amount was arranged by liquidating the MF investments into my individual bank accnt and then transfering the balance to joint accnt (as spouse is the primary applicant hence i had to transfer the amt into joint bank accnt)

will this be ok?

Gayathri Seshanjali

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone!

I received a refusal letter from CIC because they say that my current account balance is below what they require for a family of two (which is more than CAD15,000 - they said I only have CAD12,000). When I try to compute it myself, I have around CAD20,000. I already sent an enquiry to IRCC to ask for further explanation but it has already been two weeks since they told me they've forwarded it to the responsible office and I still haven't received any response yet. Do you have any advice on this? Do you think I should just submit another express entry profile (CRS is 433)?
Hi any update on your status and any clarification on how your funds were calculated and got rejected?? It would be great if you share some information on this

devyani12

Aug 6, 2018
Hi ,

I was asked to submit an explanation for proof of funds as they have come from my mom dad and sister . Is a separate gift deed needed for all three of them or only one .
Also is an addidavit needed too .

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi ,

I was asked to submit an explanation for proof of funds as they have come from my mom dad and sister . Is a separate gift deed needed for all three of them or only one .
Also is an addidavit needed too .
If they used individual accounts I would say have a separate gift deed. No affidavit is needed.

claramcarvalho

Mar 5, 2018
Hello guys!

I have a car that I will sell by the time I get ITA, because part of my POF is the value of that car.
Because of that, 1/3 of my POF will be in my account in less than 6 months - but car was mine since 2016, I just couldn't sell it before knowing that PPR was a realistic idea.

Do you know that, proving that car was mine and that I actually sold it, will that be enough to POF, even if money will be in my account for less than 6 months?

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I received my ITA during last draw.

I am in the process of procuring proof of funds leter from the bank. Assuming I would get an ITA, I had deposited around 12300 CAD as a Fixed Deposit than during November 2017. Unfortunately, due to the rapid plummeting of INR against global currencies, the funds I hold VS CAD do not meet the CIC funds requirements.

Therefore, I am planning to infuse more funds into my account - source, my parents.

now my questions are:

1. What is the best way to show that the additional funds infused into bank account to mitigate currency value fluctuations are legit?
2. My current situation is like - 90% percent of funds are more than 6 months old and 10% is fresh. Should I mention about this bank letter and explain the same in a Letter of Explanation?
3 I possess almost the 90% of the required funds through Fixed Deposits. I am not sure if there is a way to project an average six month balance for a Fixed deposit account. Should I get the bank to state something on the lines that, average balance could not be stated given the nature of an FD account? How do I overcome this phenomenon?

It is highly appreciable if I get a response/suggestion/solution for my concerns outlined above, before this Friday where I will be approaching the bank for the letter process:(

(Getting paranoid already:confused:)

vishakha0309

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys,

Do I need to have the proof of funds in one single account or is it ok to have the amount in multiple accounts?
Please advise..

Thanks...

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
If I am receiving POF funds from my father, do I need to produce 6 months statement or 1 month statement with the POF transaction is enough ? (with Gift deed, affidavit and LOE)