+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Hazel75

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks lino82.
I dit try it. The problem is that the people in VN refused to notarize that document without my signature, and when he wanted to get an affidavit instead, they refused to include the information about he gifting me the money, he could only write that on that date he had sent me that amount from his own account.
I plan to explain it in the LOE, attaching his bank statement and the transfer receipt. Don't know if IRCC would accept.

Selwin

Aug 23, 2017
What if I get the money that is required as a gift at the last minute? Will they reject this as proof of funds?

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys,

While I was filling my profile for express entry, I filled in $20,000 as the amount I'll be bringing to Canada, and that's because I earn more than that annually. I work as a research assistant at the University where I also school in Canada, and I was hoping my letter of employment/payslips would suffice for that. Apparently I can't use them and I have to provide my bank statement. Can I change the amount to $12,500 (a little above the required $12,300 for singles) before submitting my application? Would changing the amount affect my application? I don't have $12,500 yet but I think I should be able to raise that much but not more. Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if I get the money that is required as a gift at the last minute? Will they reject this as proof of funds?
As long as you have the money when submitting your eAPR and the gift deed is properly executed you won't face any issues.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

While I was filling my profile for express entry, I filled in $20,000 as the amount I'll be bringing to Canada, and that's because I earn more than that annually. I work as a research assistant at the University where I also school in Canada, and I was hoping my letter of employment/payslips would suffice for that. Apparently I can't use them and I have to provide my bank statement. Can I change the amount to $12,500 (a little above the required $12,300 for singles) before submitting my application? Would changing the amount affect my application? I don't have $12,500 yet but I think I should be able to raise that much but not more. Please advise.
Yes, you can make the change.

Reactions: bago4c

Selwin

Aug 23, 2017
As long as you have the money when submitting your eAPR and the gift deed is properly executed you won't face any issues.
When you say properly executed I am assuming they are certain steps to follow. Care to share with me what I should do? Thanks.

koscielny14

Aug 24, 2017
Hi guys. Just a quick one. How exactly does CIC confirm the stated POF amount is in your account? Do they call the bank or is the official 6 months bank statement enough?

Thank you.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi guys. Just a quick one. How exactly does CIC confirm the stated POF amount is in your account? Do they call the bank or is the official 6 months bank statement enough?

Thank you.
I don't think they would call every bank for every candidate to confirm, but I suspect they want the option to call the bank to verify, especially if anything seems even slightly suspicious or isn't adding up. That's why they want the bank's contact details, including a phone number and email in the letter, and why they insist on letterhead... at least, that's just my educated guess.

Reactions: koscielny14

Hazel75

Jun 9, 2017
One more question, guys. Do investments count as POFs? I have TFSA and RRSP mutual funds account, and if that money can be accepted, I wouldn't have to worry about the money from my father.

kutupla

Jul 18, 2017
I don't think they would call every bank for every candidate to confirm, but I suspect they want the option to call the bank to verify, especially if anything seems even slightly suspicious or isn't adding up. That's why they want the bank's contact details, including a phone number and email in the letter, and why they insist on letterhead... at least, that's just my educated guess.
I don't think banks will give a client information away just by a phone call. Wonder how they proceed to verify the funds, if they really proceed to do it.

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
I don't think banks will give a client information away just by a phone call. Wonder how they proceed to verify the funds, if they really proceed to do it.
I was also thinking the same thing. I am sure banks do not give away details just by a call.

Does anyone have better understanding of this?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I was also thinking the same thing. I am sure banks do not give away details just by a call.

Does anyone have better understanding of this?
I don't have specific experience in the matter but I work in HR, and when organizations, such as embassies, call us to verify the information we've provided in an employment reference or salary letter addressed to them (per the request of an employee), we let the caller from the organization read the details of the letter they have to us, and then we respond with 'Yes' or 'No' to verify. We'll also verify that we did in fact prepare a letter for the specified employee for the calling organization. But we won't provide detailed information to them. I don't know if that's how the banks would do it though, as I'm sure their regulations and privacy requirements are even more stringent than those surrounding HR professionals and employee information...

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Greetings everyone!

I wanted to ask if its ok to add funds to my Bank Account by liquidating my stock shares? will this be acceptable to CIC if the bank statement shows that the amount was transferred in less than 6 month time by selling these shares?. I can also share my stock trading account statement that will show the trading history. That is the only money I have and the fastest way possible for me to add funds to my account.

Please advise!

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Dear All,

Greeting to all of you ,

i am about to submit my express entry profile ,the problem is that due the prevailing rate of Canadian dollar i am below 100-150 CAD ,for example for a family of six ,i have to arrange 29236 CAD, before it the previous rate of 1 CAD= 80 or 81 PKR but now its 1CAD= 84 or 85 PKR , while i have calculated my statement with conversion rate of 83.5 but not 84 or 85,

will that be accepted or it will be refused ,should i apply or deny the ITA and arrange some fund and apply in future ,

Please reply as soon as possible ,coz i am to submit my application before 29 Aug , coz my ielts will expire on 29,i have also scheduled my medical health assessment on 28 Aug ...

Thanks

svikashk

May 16, 2017
Hello friends,

For my previous self-employed experience, I have a salary slip (not in letter head, but has the company's rubber stamp) mentioning my salary. Since I was the highest authority, it has my sign and company's rubber stamp under employer signature. Is this okay?