+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi Guys I have a bank accont in Chase in the US. They gave me an account summary letter with the average balance for a year (Not signed) and I also have the bank statements. Is this enough as proof of funds ?
Is that an official letter? If so, how did they not sign that?
I'm thinking there is no problem here, but I'm not very sure.

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
I g
Is that an official letter? If so, how did they not sign that?
I'm thinking there is no problem here, but I'm not very sure.
I got the summary document from the bank but its not signed. It has the banks printed label though.

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Does it have the bank seal/stamp?
I'm just considering the possibilities of CIC not believing it to be an official one...
No it does not. I guess i should get that.

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
No it does not. I guess i should get that.
Yep, get a seal and then they'll definitely sign it too. (They should have ideally done that already) :) Please be on the safer side. I don't know if that matters here, but I prefer not risking anything at this stage.
All the best :) Cheers :)

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Yep, get a seal and then they'll definitely sign it too. (They should have ideally done that already) :) Please be on the safer side. I don't know if that matters here, but I prefer not risking anything at this stage.
All the best :) Cheers :)
Thanks

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hello Guys,

Any idea on getting the funds transferred internationally? I am trying to find a way to get transferred from my parents account back home(Nepal) to USA. Is there any quick and reliable service you know of?

Thank you

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
Hey Guys.. I have been reading through the threads about this and as far as my understanding is concerned, its not required to show the givers account information right?

My parents are sending me the money to me. So just want to confirm again that I dont need their bank information right as long as I do a declaration form with their signatures,bio pages of passport and so.

Please advice.

Thank you

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hey Guys.. I have been reading through the threads about this and as far as my understanding is concerned, its not required to show the givers account information right?

My parents are sending me the money to me. So just want to confirm again that I dont need their bank information right as long as I do a declaration form with their signatures,bio pages of passport and so.

Please advice.

Thank you
My mother does not have a visa and she has given me a considerable sum of money. I will be getting the affadavit, but is no passport an issue?

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India

Please advice.

Thank you
My mother does not have a visa and she has given me a considerable sum of money. I will be getting the affadavit, but is no passport an issue?
I'm not sure about the passport either. I think it's not required. But not very sure...

Rk Gunner

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
US
I think all we need is the ID card. I am sure its not mandatory because everyone may not necessarily have a passport.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all,

I am confused with the "6 months average balance" requirement of the bank letter.

1. Does this mean the average balance across the last 6 months; so a single figure like this: [January - June 2017; Average balance = XXXXX dollars]

2. or are they looking for a letter that states each balance amount for each of the last 6 months, like:
January 2017: XXXX dollars
February 2017: XXXX dollars
March 2017: XXXX dollars
June 2017: XXXX dollars

I read a few different opinions about that, would be great to hear from someone who successfully got his PR.