+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Need Help!.

Proof of Funds:

My spouse and my child (one) will be accompanying me after receiving PR. Therefore In view to that I have saved around 18,850 (Round 19,000 CAD). Amount is in my account (under my name) since more then four years. The breakup of 19,000 CAD collection is as follows:

1. Last year Bonus: 5500 $ CAD
2. Saving at home (In the form of Cash): 7000 $ CAD
3. Remaining 6500 $ CAD saved from three month salary.

Queries:
1. Do I need to give any proof (gift deed/pay slips/etc) for any of the above money.
2. Since money is there for more then four (04) months do I need to give any bank statement.
3. Am i missing something. Please advice

Regards,
1. Yes you have to make a gift deed(better from your brother, father or spouse)
2. You have to make a gift deed if there is a big transaction in your account during last six months. Bank statement of last six month is mandatory in any case. I hope it is clear now.
If 4 months already passed just wait for 2 more months and then you dont need to prove any thing. Just the bank statement will be enough.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
I'm not very sure... I told this considering the fact that your FD gets matured and is in your account.. (large amount of inflow..but you have a proof), and you are putting out the whole of it (40% to FD again, 60% to parents...large amount of outflow..).. Hmm, but any of this is not affecting your minimum requirement... Sorry, I'm honestly not sure :) I told that considering there is a large amount of outflow from your account but it's nothing wrong going on there... but CIC might be thinking that you owe a considerable amount of money to someone and may ask questions... but again not sure.. :|
thanks for your help ;)

Reactions: nbt11

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Did you hear about anyone who was rejected because a car loan outstanding balance meant he doesn't have the required liquid cash?
I haven't but it's a valid case I guess... if you owe something which makes a significant difference to your own balance...then it's pretty obvious that they would reject the application... (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong)

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
I haven't but it's a valid case I guess... if you owe something which makes a significant difference to your own balance...then it's pretty obvious that they would reject the application... (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong)
Some people say that since it's not a personal loan then it's fine.

Al Mahmud

Dec 2, 2015
Hey good people,
When I submitted my application for PR, I had fund equivalent to 20500CAD but due to change in conversion rate, current fund is equivalent to 19450CAD. I declared in my EE profile that I will bring 20000CAD and LICO amount is 18825CAD. Should I be worried about it?

beetee

Jul 17, 2017
Please can someone help clarify my issue below.

Before ITA I have filled my spouse work experience, but we are unable to get the reference letter from one of his former employer after ITA.

Is it safe to remove my spouse foreign work experience from the profile considering the fact that i will be using his FD as POF though I am the primary applicant?

Also is it safe to use my spouse FD alone ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey good people,
When I submitted my application for PR, I had fund equivalent to 20500CAD but due to change in conversion rate, current fund is equivalent to 19450CAD. I declared in my EE profile that I will bring 20000CAD and LICO amount is 18825CAD. Should I be worried about it?
Not at all, as long as you're above the LICO amount you're good to go.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please can someone help clarify my issue below.

Before ITA I have filled my spouse work experience, but we are unable to get the reference letter from one of his former employer after ITA.

Is it safe to remove my spouse foreign work experience from the profile considering the fact that i will be using his FD as POF though I am the primary applicant?

Also is it safe to use my spouse FD alone ?
If we're talking foreign work experience then yes, you can safely remove it as it is irrelevant to the principal applicant's application.

You can use the spouse's FD as long as he/she is accompanying to Canada.

beetee

Jul 17, 2017
If we're talking foreign work experience then yes, you can safely remove it as it is irrelevant to the principal applicant's application.

You can use the spouse's FD as long as he/she is accompanying to Canada.
Thanks for your response, for the POF do i need to attach any LOE from my spouse stating that I can have access to the money.

Last edited:

Akhehicols

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
AOR Received.
11-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Hello guys,

I'm from Nigeria and got an ITA on May 17. I work in Lagos but plan to use savings in my Dom account in the US as basis for proof of funds. Hope this is fine moreso as I do not make instalmental/monthly payments into this account. The balance is a bit above the minimum of ~CAD23,000 (equivalent) required.

My main question is do I need my US bank's official letter since I can readily obtain monthly statements online on the said account?

Thanks in advance.
Ehi

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hello guys,

I'm from Nigeria and got an ITA on May 17. I work in Lagos but plan to use savings in my Dom account in the US as basis for proof of funds. Hope this is fine moreso as I do not make instalmental/monthly payments into this account. The balance is a bit above the minimum of ~CAD23,000 (equivalent) required.

My main question is do I need my US bank's official letter since I can readily obtain monthly statements online on the said account?

Thanks in advance.
Ehi
No, I think just those won't work. But I could be wrong.
You don't have any way to get the bank's official letter for that account? If not, I think you can transfer those to your local account (you'll probably incur conversion rates), and get the letter from here. And in your LOE mention that it is your own account and then attach the statements for that US account to prove that you have those funds from a long time.

Again, I could be wrong about this. Any expert's opinion will be useful on this.
Cheers :)