+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

tabish87

Jun 2, 2017
You need to show gift deed, and also average balance of last 6 months on a balance certificate issued by the bank on its letterhead.
@KiranK so if i deposit CAD 35,000 now and get a 6 month average balance statement from bank the 6 month average would be less than CAD 11,000...would that be an issue or do i need the certificate from bank to show the last 6 month average balance more the CAD 11,000.00 ...along with the gift deed.?

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi members,
Just wanted to ask you if the
1.POF is required before filling in the application form online or it can be showed after receiving the ITA? Since my father will be giving that amount to me.... I ll get a gift deed for that
2.Will it be fine if he transfers like $5000 in one month then $2000 in another month and so on.... Can I combine all such cumulative receipts and execute a gift deed for cic?
Your advise will be so valuable
Thank you

drkunalrgupta

Jun 2, 2017
@KiranK so if i deposit CAD 35,000 now and get a 6 month average balance statement from bank the 6 month average would be less than CAD 11,000...would that be an issue or do i need the certificate from bank to show the last 6 month average balance more the CAD 11,000.00 ...along with the gift deed.?
Why is there so much confusion about the POF? Coz many ppl have the opinion that just having the stipulated amount in account is alright. The average 6 month balance is not important according to some. If indeed it is so important, should I reject the ITA and reapply later to have a better 6 month average?
Thanks

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
No it will not be an issue at all.
Yes, you take 6 months statement as CIC asks for it, but do get a gift deed done for the 35000 CAD , if you have a gift deed then there is no problem how recent your funds are or whether they are reflected in your account in the last 6 month or not.
Summarising for your POF attach following documents IMO-
1. Balance certificate from the bank, on letterhead of the bank with the bank's contact number, address, e-mail on it, it should clearly mention your name, account number, date of opening of account, current balance and average balance of last 6 months.
2. if you do not want to get your average balance on the certificate preferably attach bank statements of last 6 months.
3. Gift deed (preferably from Parents, grandparents or siblings).
Wish you luck.

If you are showing a gift deed then your past 6 months balance can be less then the required amount, it is no problem at all, as you are providing the CIC a gift deed as Proof of funds.

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Why is there so much confusion about the POF? Coz many ppl have the opinion that just having the stipulated amount in account is alright. The average 6 month balance is not important according to some. If indeed it is so important, should I reject the ITA and reapply later to have a better 6 month average?
Thanks
The six month average is important. If you are showing your funds as savings then it should ideally be maintained for six months and it should reflect in your statements of last 6 months. But for people who are taking the money as gift from parents etc. the in those cases even if the last 6 month statements do not reflect the needed amount, it is no problem at all, as these people get gift deed as a proof of fund.
But in both cases it is mandatory by the CIC that you should show them your last 6 month average balance either in the form of statements or mentioned on the balance certificate from bank.
Regarding rejecting ITA, as long as you can explain the source of funds you do not need to reject ITA, CIC has not mentioned any period for which you should have the funds, all they require is that you give them some proof that money is yours and you have not borrowed it.
IMO as long as you can explain the source of money convincingly, you are good to go.
Hope it clarified things.

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi members,
Just wanted to ask you if the
1.POF is required before filling in the application form online or it can be showed after receiving the ITA? Since my father will be giving that amount to me.... I ll get a gift deed for that
2.Will it be fine if he transfers like $5000 in one month then $2000 in another month and so on.... Can I combine all such cumulative receipts and execute a gift deed for cic?
Your advise will be so valuable
Thank you
1. yes you can definitely get the amount in your account after ITA as it is coming as a gift. no problem at all.
2. Yes your father can deposit the amount in two goes, but I suggest that rather then putting details of two transfers in your deed better wait till your father has the whole amount then ask him to transfer the entire money in one go to your account. This way you can get a gift deed mentioning a single transfer and it will not raise any doubts to CIC that maybe your father got the money as a loan as it came in two transactions.

Reactions: khalidr

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Thank you so much Kiran, +1 for you
I have more doubt if you can please let me know, I have got the reference letter from my employer listing in all my duties but the problem is with name..
My actual name is SK K..... R...... But in the reference letter it's K...... R....... SK.
Will that be a problem?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thank you so much Kiran, +1 for you
I have more doubt if you can please let me know, I have got the reference letter from my employer listing in all my duties but the problem is with name..
My actual name is SK K..... R...... But in the reference letter it's K...... R....... SK.
Will that be a problem?
Meaning SK is referred to your Last Name? and K....R..... being the first name.?
If so, it should not be a problem then, as in some companies Last name is used first, but if still you are in doubt better get it corrected from your employer if you can or get a fresh letter with correct name as in passport.
Wish you luck.

tabish87

Jun 2, 2017
No it will not be an issue at all.
Yes, you take 6 months statement as CIC asks for it, but do get a gift deed done for the 35000 CAD , if you have a gift deed then there is no problem how recent your funds are or whether they are reflected in your account in the last 6 month or not.
Summarising for your POF attach following documents IMO-
1. Balance certificate from the bank, on letterhead of the bank with the bank's contact number, address, e-mail on it, it should clearly mention your name, account number, date of opening of account, current balance and average balance of last 6 months.
2. if you do not want to get your average balance on the certificate preferably attach bank statements of last 6 months.
3. Gift deed (preferably from Parents, grandparents or siblings).
Wish you luck.

If you are showing a gift deed then your past 6 months balance can be less then the required amount, it is no problem at all, as you are providing the CIC a gift deed as Proof of funds.
Thank you for your reply @KiranK do i have to get the gift deed attested or a paper stating amount as gift along with signature and passport copy of my father would be sufficient ..if attestation is required can this be attested by any lawyer or has to be done by the court. because i am in UAE gift deed is done normally on property's.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thank you for your reply @KiranK do i have to get the gift deed attested or a paper stating amount as gift along with signature and passport copy of my father would be sufficient ..if attestation is required can this be attested by any lawyer or has to be done by the court. because i am in UAE gift deed is done normally on property's.
You will need to get a notarised gift deed by a notary lawyer.
I don't know about UAE specifically much, but in India also as per constituition gift deed is needed and done mainly for immovable assets i.e property etc. But here all the notary lawyers on request give you a notarised gift deed on a stamp paper. So I suggest you try to find a lawyer who will help you in this regard, you can tell Him/Her that this document is requested by the embassy from you, he will find a solution for you definitely.

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Meaning SK is referred to your Last Name? and K....R..... being the first name.?
If so, it should not be a problem then, as in some companies Last name is used first, but if still you are in doubt better get it corrected from your employer if you can or get a fresh letter with correct name as in passport.
Wish you luck.
Thanks again for reply
My first name is SK K.......
And last name is R.........
Its too difficult to get another letter, so I'm thinking of getting an affidavit, and put that matter in LOE. Will that be fine?
Alternatively, I have my payslip which has K.... R.... SK and also my PAN number and in my PAN CARD the name is correct, so I was think if I can also upload my Pan card and payslips to prove I'm the same person
SK is my initial I use with my first name

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thanks again for reply
My first name is SK K.......
And last name is R.........
Its too difficult to get another letter, so I'm thinking of getting an affidavit, and put that matter in LOE. Will that be fine?
Alternatively, I have my payslip which has K.... R.... SK and also my PAN number and in my PAN CARD the name is correct, so I was think if I can also upload my Pan card and payslips to prove I'm the same person
SK is my initial I use with my first name
Yes attaching these documents will definitely help and you can clarify the same in a LoE. i don't think this will be a problem at all.

Reactions: khalidr

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Ki
Yes attaching these documents will definitely help and you can clarify the same in a LoE. i don't think this will be a problem at all.
Kiran you are really amazing, may Allah bless you. Thanks a ton for solving my doubt

Reactions: KiranK