+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

assyadh

Mar 6, 2017
Hey guys,

Do you have an example of letter to provide to the bank?
Are 6 months enough instead of the letter (there is no weird fund transfer, only payroll deposits and savings).

I also have a TFSA on questrade. Do you know if a TFSA statement is accepted?

Thanks! Sitting at 417 points for now, maybe next round...

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

My job falls under NOC B. Do I have to show my bank statement? I know it says that it isn't required. Then what do I show? I also have a car loan and some small debts. Do I need to show everything or just my recent paystubs?

Thanks

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
Hi,

Will it be fine if I only show joint FDs with my wife and don't mention saving bank account? The FDs are from 2015 and cover the funds required.

In this case, do I still require to upload bank statements? or only FD certificates and bank letter mentioning these FDs will suffice?

Thanks.

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Hey Guys,

I have multiple credits in my bank statement which can range from CAD 700 to CAD 2000+ and another significant one for CAD 5000 however these funds are not meant for immigration and are just reimbursements from my friends/family for whom i have made purchases from my credit card. I wanted to know if these will cause any issue for POF and will i need to mention them in the LOE. I will be making additional credits in the future for immigration purpose (CAD 7000 via gift deed and CAD 5000 by selling gold) for which i plan to explain in the LOE.

Furthermore, i will end up having around CAD 13,000 in my bank account which is what ive mentioned in EE profile as the money i plan to carry, will it be an issue that all my bank balance belongs only to these immigration based credits and that i dont have any extra money of my own?

Thanks in advance.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys,
If my wife transfers money from her own bank account, does she have to get a bank letter showing the balance in her account during the last month too? I am the primary applicant and she will land with me.
Thanks

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
sababx said:
Hi

My job falls under NOC B. Do I have to show my bank statement?
irrelevant. You need to show bank statement if you are not able to get average balance on the bank's letter and/or if you want to highlight certain transactions in your account.
I know it says that it isn't required. Then what do I show? I also have a car loan and some small debts. Do I need to show everything or just my recent paystubs?

Thanks
Get a letter as suggested by CIC. Car loan and other loans are not a problem unless taken for POF. Letter from bank is mandatory, payslips are optional ( good to have).

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
hassaan_anwar said:
Hey Guys,

I have multiple credits in my bank statement which can range from CAD 700 to CAD 2000+ and another significant one for CAD 5000 however these funds are not meant for immigration and are just reimbursements from my friends/family for whom i have made purchases from my credit card. I wanted to know if these will cause any issue for POF and will i need to mention them in the LOE. I will be making additional credits in the future for immigration purpose (CAD 7000 via gift deed and CAD 5000 by selling gold) for which i plan to explain in the LOE.

Furthermore, i will end up having around CAD 13,000 in my bank account which is what ive mentioned in EE profile as the money i plan to carry, will it be an issue that all my bank balance belongs only to these immigration based credits and that i dont have any extra money of my own?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone with advice?

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
babilon said:
Hi guys,
If my wife transfers money from her own bank account, does she have to get a bank letter showing the balance in her account during the last month too? I am the primary applicant and she will land with me.
Thanks
If you are the primary applicant, then you should give your bank statement and the account maintenance certificate, not your wife.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
hassaan_anwar said:
Anyone with advice?
I don't think it will be an issue, as you would be having the minimum funds required for Immigration. 6 months bank statement, with closing balance more than the minimum funds required were more than enough for me to get an AOR.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
hassaan_anwar said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance.
I don't think it will be an issue, as you would be having the minimum funds required for Immigration. 6 months bank statement, with closing balance more than the minimum funds required were more than enough for me to get an AOR.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
If I ask my father to open a Fixed Deposit on my name directly from his account (which is possible here in India), will I still need a Letter of Deed and an affidavit ?

The bank is ready to mention my total holdings in Fixed Deposit.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
aarchitj said:
If I ask my father to open a Fixed Deposit on my name directly from his account (which is possible here in India), will I still need a Letter of Deed and an affidavit ?

The bank is ready to mention my total holdings in Fixed Deposit.
yes, you would need a gift deed to support your claim. As the FD is opened within last 6 months so you would need to provide the source of funds.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
vishalg said:
Get a letter as suggested by CIC. Car loan and other loans are not a problem unless taken for POF. Letter from bank is mandatory, payslips are optional ( good to have).
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Letter stating that I have sufficient funds? Because it says if my job falls under NOC B I do not have to show CAD 15,000. What should my bank letter say then?

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys,

If we have FD for the minimum amount required, what it's not six month old is that like for bank statements we have to show for atleast 6 months, in FD also we need to show its6 month old?
Please advise