+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS DURING LANDING - LIMIT

meatloader

Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
During landing at the customs it is said that the cash limit should not exceed 10,000 Dollars per head. Does this apply per head or totally per family (family of 2)?
And, could someone clarify if the amount of 10,000 mentioned in the CIC website is in USD or CAD ?

Thanks.

meatloader

Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently in the UAE. No banks are issuing Traveller's Cheque or Demand Draft.
What are the other alternatives if 10,000 dollars is the limit as I have to show 16,000 dollars as proof of funds during landing.

Please help !!!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The limit is $10000 per adult to not declare to customs. anything above you have to declare. You can get a forex card. It works like a prepaid credit card where you top up local currency to be spent in the foreign currency. I got a card from HDFC bank when I came to the UK in 2010. Dont know if that facility i still there.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
meatloader said:
Dear All,
During landing at the customs it is said that the cash limit should not exceed 10,000 Dollars per head. Does this apply per head or totally per family (family of 2)?
And, could someone clarify if the amount of 10,000 mentioned in the CIC website is in USD or CAD ?

Thanks.
There is no limit. You can bring as much as you want. You just have to declare at customs if you have more than 10k. It is only an additional form and interview. (What is the money for: settlement ad PR)

CAD because you're going to CANADA.

I know customs declaration cards are usually per family/household but I've read elsewhere the limit is per person.

Nevertheless it doesn't hurt to "overdeclare" and then explain in detail to the CBSA officer who will help you decide if you will fill the additional form.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ttd-vdd-eng.html

PurpleTuzi

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
11-17-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-03-2017
meatloader said:
I am currently in the UAE. No banks are issuing Traveller's Cheque or Demand Draft.
What are the other alternatives if 10,000 dollars is the limit as I have to show 16,000 dollars as proof of funds during landing.

Please help !!!
You generally don't have to show you have POF. It is rarely asked for and when and if it is asked for you may show statements.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PurpleTuzi said:
You generally don't have to show you have POF. It is rarely asked for and when and if it is asked for you may show statements.
Also, show your proof of funds in your Indian account, which should be fine. Latest Account statement should do.

priyamishra

Aug 18, 2016
PROOF OF FUNDS

hello Everyone,

Just want to know if i get a ITA thru Ontario, do i need to show them the proof of funds for documentation?

or is it fine if i show it when i land in Canada ?