+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - Doubt

Aug 27, 2019
Hi there,

I am currently working in Canada. I have received my ITA last week. I am in the process of collecting my documents.
I have got sufficient points (458) with my education back home + 2 years Canada diploma + 2 years past work experience + IELTS. I graduated from the Canada course in Dec 2018.
I have the required minimum amount required for a single person.
The question that I have a doubt right now is that for my proof of funds for the past 6 months, it has been steadily increasing due to my part-time monthly salary, started working from May. I have not mentioned in my application that I am working in Canada currently as I have not finished my 1 year Canada work experience - in order to get points for that. Do I still need to explain where the funds are coming from? Do I just submit my bank statement and bank letter without any explanation?

Any help will be appreciated? Anyone who got an ITA who's in Canada currently working and has not got points for their Canadian work experience - that could answer or been in a similar situation - would appreciate hearing your feedback.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
I have not mentioned in my application that I am working in Canada currently as I have not finished my 1 year Canada work experience
Why don’t you create an LOE for your POF explaining that? And then in your additional requirements (there’s a field for that at the very bottom of your personalized checklist) add in a reference letter for the part time job that’s adding into your funds. :)

Aug 27, 2019
Why don’t you create an LOE for your POF explaining that? And then in your additional requirements (there’s a field for that at the very bottom of your personalized checklist) add in a reference letter for the part time job that’s adding into your funds. :)
Thank you for your response!

I have contacted my employers. One of them I just received a reference letter while the other one is going to take some time. Hence, I am wondering if I even need to submit documents for it.

I have started filling the PR form online and there is a personal activities section - asking to mention all activities I have been doing since the past 10 yrs. I did not know about this earlier. So I am filling in the personal activities my present part-time jobs in Canada - I am not attaining points for it. Do I still need to show documents for it or just explain it in my LOE that I am currently working in those companies but not claiming points for it. So in that sense, will I still need to explain about my steady income each month since May. As I already had 11k CAD in my bank account prior to May. So it wouldn't regard as a lump sum of money being deposited right as I had 90% of sufficient proof of funds prior to my present job. I wouldn't want it to be regarded as misrepresentation as I have mentioned all my employment till date. It is just that I do not want to wait for a long time for the other reference letter as I have all my other documents ready and want to submit my application soon.

Looking forward to hearing from you/anyone

Last edited: