Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors,

I have a query regarding "Proof of funds". The account I have most of the Savings is only 2 months old, the reason behind is that I decided to close my previous Fixed Deposit & Savings accounts. Another source of money in my Savings account is My and my wife's salary accounts, So I am thinking to attach statements for that as well. Below are the 5 accounts I have to attach. Now I am worried this might confuse the visa officer.

1. Forex Savings account - with CAD 22 K
2. Fixed Deposit - with CAD 2K
3. My Salary account - to show that I receive salary here, and then move to forex savings account
4. Wife's Salary account - reason same as my salary account
5. Closing bank statement - to show that 2 months ago, when I opened forex savings account the money came from my account.

I need suggestions:
1. Should I do a letter of explanation to explain all this?
2. Should I attach 3,4,5 with LOE, instead in Proof of funds? because, 1 and 2 is the money I want to take to canada.
3. DO I need to attach all this?
4. Please give me suggestion if there is a different way to do it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
gaurav_2172 said:
Seniors,

I have a query regarding "Proof of funds". The account I have most of the Savings is only 2 months old, the reason behind is that I decided to close my previous Fixed Deposit & Savings accounts. Another source of money in my Savings account is My and my wife's salary accounts, So I am thinking to attach statements for that as well. Below are the 5 accounts I have to attach. Now I am worried this might confuse the visa officer.

1. Forex Savings account - with CAD 22 K
2. Fixed Deposit - with CAD 2K
3. My Salary account - to show that I receive salary here, and then move to forex savings account
4. Wife's Salary account - reason same as my salary account
5. Closing bank statement - to show that 2 months ago, when I opened forex savings account the money came from my account.

I need suggestions:
1. Should I do a letter of explanation to explain all this? - Yes, would suggest you to keep a LOE, so that the case officer can get a clear picture of the situation.
2. Should I attach 3,4,5 with LOE, instead in Proof of funds? because, 1 and 2 is the money I want to take to canada. - In addition to POF, also attach these with the LOE.
3. DO I need to attach all this? - Yes, as mentioned in first point.
4. Please give me suggestion if there is a different way to do it. - You are doing it correctly.