+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds Chase

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
I have my bank account with chase but I don't live in the united states, is there a way to get the POF letter in CIC format online?
I wrote to them and I was told that I have to go to a branch to have the letter done, I will try to call them as well but nothing more I can do.

Is the statements of the 06 past months enough ?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Statements, plus perhaps show correspondence with Chase in which they stated that they wouldn't issue the letter unless you went to a branch?

Reactions: Casatoor

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Just to close this topic, I called Chase from outside US and I was provided with POF letter as per CIC standards.

In other words and to reply to my question: Yes you can get POF letter from chase by calling them, wether you are inside or outside US.

Fernando_TheLegend

Oct 24, 2019
Just to close this topic, I called Chase from outside US and I was provided with POF letter as per CIC standards.

In other words and to reply to my question: Yes you can get POF letter from chase by calling them, wether you are inside or outside US.
Thanks for the reply. You mentioned you called them online and they provided the letter per CIC standards. Well I have a chase bank account and I called them explaining the format in which CIC requires the statement but they asked me to go visit a branch. I did visit not one but two separate branches and both branches gave me a signed and stamped letter in the format below:
1. Date of account opening
2. Current balance
3. Average 12 months balance. (Shouldnt they provide average 6 months balance. You saying you got average 6 month balance on your letter?)

Also the letter doesn't have any contact details or email address of the bank. It just has the name of the branch, name of the branch manager who signed the copy and his phone number at the branch.

Will this suffice?

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Thanks for the reply. You mentioned you called them online and they provided the letter per CIC standards. Well I have a chase bank account and I called them explaining the format in which CIC requires the statement but they asked me to go visit a branch. I did visit not one but two separate branches and both branches gave me a signed and stamped letter in the format below:
1. Date of account opening
2. Current balance
3. Average 12 months balance. (Shouldnt they provide average 6 months balance. You saying you got average 6 month balance on your letter?)

Also the letter doesn't have any contact details or email address of the bank. It just has the name of the branch, name of the branch manager who signed the copy and his phone number at the branch.

Will this suffice?
The letters you got sound like the ones I got from Chase. My understanding is that it's their standard format and they have no way of altering it. It always shows 12 month average, not 6 month. For me, 12 month average was not an issue because my 12 month average was above IRCC requirement. Because the letter only had the name of the banker and the name of the state (not even city!), the banker offered to staple his business card to the letter, and also signed on the letter. The letters alone were sufficient for me and I did not provide additional statements for my checking and savings account. I did attach my credit card statements though, but I don't how how necessary that was.

Reactions: Fernando_TheLegend

surojittaurus

Mar 9, 2020
@mbaleine and @Casatoor thanks for sharing your experience on this forum.
I have a question. Can you please provide some inputs. For chase credit card, I have got a standard letter from Chase which does not state the full account number but only the last four digits of the credit card. Is it okay to submit this document for the proof of funds along with six months of credit card statements or should I do something else?

Thanks

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@mbaleine and @Casatoor thanks for sharing your experience on this forum.
I have a question. Can you please provide some inputs. For chase credit card, I have got a standard letter from Chase which does not state the full account number but only the last four digits of the credit card. Is it okay to submit this document for the proof of funds along with six months of credit card statements or should I do something else?

Thanks
I believe that you would need to show a Checking or Savings account as well. You don't necessarily need to show credit cards, however, a bank account is a must under some programs. If you have a bank account with Chase, they should be able to provide you with the required letter for POF.

Reactions: surojittaurus

surojittaurus

Mar 9, 2020
@thephdguy thanks for your reply. I have got the letters for checking and savings account in the format stated on the official immigration page. However, I am not sure if the credit card aacount information is shown correctly as the letter doesn't state the entire account number. Also, if my credit card has zero balance or debt, do I still need to submit it as a part of proof of funds?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@thephdguy thanks for your reply. I have got the letters for checking and savings account in the format stated on the official immigration page. However, I am not sure if the credit card aacount information is shown correctly as the letter doesn't state the entire account number. Also, if my credit card has zero balance or debt, do I still need to submit it as a part of proof of funds?
I don't think you need to submit it, particularly if you have zero balance because I don't think your credit card limit counts towards your total available funds.

Reactions: surojittaurus

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020

Hello

I am currently outside of the US and cannot go there due to the contingency anytime soon. I think there is a format called "Account Balance Summary" which is the closest thing they give to match IRCC standards. They told me that the only way to get it was by going physically to a branch, which as explained above, it is impossible for me.
I am only able to access my statements online, and I can give those without an issue. Is there going to be any issue if I do this?

@castoor how did you did this from outside of the US

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
I believe that you would need to show a Checking or Savings account as well. You don't necessarily need to show credit cards, however, a bank account is a must under some programs. If you have a bank account with Chase, they should be able to provide you with the required letter for POF.
Hi! I'm also getting my POF from Chase. Is it okay for CIC if the letter states amounts in USD, not in CAD? Thanks so much!

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi! I'm also getting my POF from Chase. Is it okay for CIC if the letter states amounts in USD, not in CAD? Thanks so much!
I submitted it as such and haven't got any issues with it yet. As long as you meet the equivalent CAD minimum you should be fine.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi,

Most probably the OP has already solved this request, but here's my 2-cent message.
Call 1-800-550-8509 in the US (if you bank with Chase, you will most probably have a way to call for free) and ask them to provide a customized balance summary of your account with the fields you need as proof of funds:

- Account Owner
- Account Type
- Account Number (Optional)
- Open Date
- Current Balance
- 6-Month Average Balance

I did provide this letter along with the last 6 Statements in ONE single PDF (www.ilovepdf.com is your friend)

ATTACHED: Real proof of letter, I can prove it is useful since my GCMS confirm funds requirements are MET.

Reactions: Linalin