+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - CDN $0.5 million

bromac

May 3, 2015
The question is simple. Will CDN $0.5 million proof of funds expedite the application in any way? If you provide that kind of bank statement/history, along with all the other necessary documentation (education, work experience, English language proficiency, etc.) will that put you in favorable position among other applicants?

If not what are the other venues that one can pursue with that kind of money in Canada?

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
In express entry, i dont think so it will expedite anything becaus POF is a mandate and it doesnt mattet how much you show above the threshhold they want you to declare.

You can explore startup visa immigration or something else where money might by you an express lane ticket. Hope this makes sense

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017

bromac

May 3, 2015
gary.bhanot said:
You can explore startup visa immigration or something else where money might by you an express lane ticket. Hope this makes sense
I've already explored the start-up lane. Designated ordinary (free) start-up incubators in Canada will only accept EXTRAORDINARY world-class business ideas so that option goes out of the question, while "costly" incubators require 15% equity of my business and plus $120K to enroll me in their program. I'm not sure if that's worthed.

Other possibility is Manitoba Business Immigration where I think the required investment amount is lowest in Canada. You need only to show minimum $350,000 NET worth, invest $150k in your new business in Manitoba, and have 3 years prior experience in that business.

Anyways, thanks for the answer gary.bhanot. Anyone else, feel free to chime in.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - it won't expedite. You'll be in the same queue as everyone else.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
No - it won't expedite. You'll be in the same queue as everyone else.
One of the very nice things about Canada!

bromac

May 3, 2015
dobes said:
One of the very nice things about Canada!
That might be true about the Express Entry, but not quite true in general, since people with money and lucrative businesses can use other immigration programs and land in Canada without going through all the hustle that "ordinary" folks must go through. In short, in a way, legit money can indeed buy you immigration visa to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bromac said:
That might be true about the Express Entry, but not quite true in general, since people with money and lucrative businesses can use other immigration programs and land in Canada without going through all the hustle that "ordinary" folks must go through. In short, in a way, legit money can indeed buy you immigration visa to Canada.
That's what the Investor category is for (assuming you have a net worth of $10MM or more). $500K unfortunately isn't very much money these days. Barely buys you any decent real estate in Toronto...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
bromac said:
But at least its bringing in real businesses, and businesses generate income (aka. more Tax) and job opportunity.

Back in the days, you can "buy" PR in investment class province nomination for a low as ~100k CAD. Even the federal's investment class is on sale for about 1M. And the investment can be the house they live in.

It's clear that Canada don't need people who just brings capital, but also skills and workforce.

bromac

May 3, 2015
scylla said:
That's what the Investor category is for (assuming you have a net worth of $10MM or more). $500K unfortunately isn't very much money these days. Barely buys you any decent real estate in Toronto...
Not entirely true, or should I say not precise enough. Not to repeat myself, but Manitoba provincial business immigration program requires only $150,000 investment and $350,000 net worth. Some designated accelerators for the federal Start-up immigration program require some percent of the equity of your business plus fee of $100k+. I think, Ontario business provincial program requires $3M investment plus creation of few Canadian jobs since it's more "expensive" and developed province. All these options don't come even close to $10M NET worth/investment as you claim.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear bromac,

Nice money you have there, but it won't make any difference under EE, since the requirement is just a threshold to be above. By how far you are above it is just not a parameter to be considered under EE. For money to talk, you have got to try other categories you yourself are apparently knowledgeable about.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
it wont expedite the process for sure... in fact it may delay the process as they will verify how did you get so much amount of money... if the money is legal or not...i know you will provide all the documents but still they will verify it...

If i was the VO, i would be definitely cautious about large sum of money and would like to verify the source properly... BUT if the money is legal after verification they would be happy to give you PR as you will bring large amount of money in canada..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
bromac said:
Not entirely true, or should I say not precise enough. Not to repeat myself, but Manitoba provincial business immigration program requires only $150,000 investment and $350,000 net worth. Some designated accelerators for the federal Start-up immigration program require some percent of the equity of your business plus fee of $100k+. I think, Ontario business provincial program requires $3M investment plus creation of few Canadian jobs since it's more "expensive" and developed province. All these options don't come even close to $10M NET worth/investment as you claim.
Agreed these programs exist. But I wouldn't call any of them "expedited". Some of the EE processing times we've seen so far are significantly faster than any of the above.

bromac

May 3, 2015
haznac said:
Dear bromac,

Nice money you have there, but it won't make any difference under EE, since the requirement is just a threshold to be above. By how far you are above it is just not a parameter to be considered under EE. For money to talk, you have got to try other categories you yourself are apparently knowledgeable about.
Never said I personally own that kind of money. Only exploring various possible situations.

bromac

May 3, 2015
curious_123 said:
it wont expedite the process for sure... in fact it may delay the process as they will verify how did you get so much amount of money... if the money is legal or not...i know you will provide all the documents but still they will verify it...

If i was the VO, i would be definitely cautious about large sum of money and would like to verify the source properly... BUT if the money is legal after verification they would be happy to give you PR as you will bring large amount of money in canada..
You make an interesting point. It is possible that a very large sum of money will slow down the process significantly since they will have to probably verify each one and every source from which that money came. And that's intensive and time consuming process.

But, if you have that kind of money you have to declare it anyway in the process no matter which immigration program you use, thus you're stuck with increased processing time and scrutiny no matter what.