+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds/Bank Statements for Work Permit in Low skill jobs

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

Happy New Year to who see this post!!

Can anyone let me know,how much funds are needed to be shown for applying a work permit for jobs in Low-skill area(E.g Mushroom Picker,Baker Helper etc)??

Are there anyone in this CanadaVisa Forum member who had submitted /shown different funds when applied for work permit? How much month Bank Statement did you submitted or did you only submitted Bank Balance Certificate?
Will application be rejected if money comes from any other accounts?
Did you show just one month salary slip or shown other slips from your all employment?

It doesn't matter what kind of job you have applied for in Canada,Can you share your experiences on all who have applied for workpermit?

Thank you guys,waiting for your response..have a great NewYear!!

:) :)

Reactions: tmusinga79

tmusinga79

Jan 1, 2018
Hello,

Happy New Year to who see this post!!

Can anyone let me know,how much funds are needed to be shown for applying a work permit for jobs in Low-skill area(E.g Mushroom Picker,Baker Helper etc)??

Are there anyone in this CanadaVisa Forum member who had submitted /shown different funds when applied for work permit? How much month Bank Statement did you submitted or did you only submitted Bank Balance Certificate?
Will application be rejected if money comes from any other accounts?
Did you show just one month salary slip or shown other slips from your all employment?

It doesn't matter what kind of job you have applied for in Canada,Can you share your experiences on all who have applied for workpermit?

Thank you guys,waiting for your response..have a great NewYear!!

:) :)
Good day. I know that if you apply through the AIPP, then minimum amount will be 3075 CAD. With regards to how to show the availability of the funds, i attached my personal balance sheet for all assets and liabilities, and also bank statements for all the accounts i had listed

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Good day. I know that if you apply through the AIPP, then minimum amount will be 3075 CAD. With regards to how to show the availability of the funds, i attached my personal balance sheet for all assets and liabilities, and also bank statements for all the accounts i had listed
@tmusinga79 Thanks for the reply,would you by chance know,how much would we need to show for British Columbia and Ontario?

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. I think 6 months bank statements are safer
Could you also let me know,if Appointment letters and releiving Letters are important? Application checklist has got these but i don't have it from my previous employer because it was small business and they don't usually give out such stuffs in my country.But i can have it of my current employer due to large business and its nature.
Will it effect my application for Work Permit in low skill jobs, if i don't submit appointment letters and releiving letters from my previous employment?

Let me know soon,

Thanks.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. I think 6 months bank statements are safer
Can you also list the documents that you submitted? Checklist has it,but it doesn't say much like bank balance certificate and other stuffs and if we don't have it than what should we do... Lawyers told me the reason most people use immigration lawyers are because they have knowledge on what exactly are needed to make an application more stronger,but in my country they are charging like shit for work permit application and the only trouble i have with is some documents and how to resolve some issues with documents that arent with me.

Looking forward for your assistance.

tmusinga79

Jan 1, 2018
Can you also list the documents that you submitted? Checklist has it,but it doesn't say much like bank balance certificate and other stuffs and if we don't have it than what should we do... Lawyers told me the reason most people use immigration lawyers are because they have knowledge on what exactly are needed to make an application more stronger,but in my country they are charging like shit for work permit application and the only trouble i have with is some documents and how to resolve some issues with documents that arent with me.

Looking forward for your assistance.
If you have it from your current emplyer its fine. But then again you should write to CIC the reason why you cannot supply the letters for the previous employer and in your case give the reason you gave i your post

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello,

do you have to show proof of funds if you're applying for a Low skilled job? As far as I know, if you apply for work permit and you have positive LMIA, that means, you have an employment contract with the employer and showing proof of funds is not necessary?

tmusinga79

Jan 1, 2018
Hello,

do you have to show proof of funds if you're applying for a Low skilled job? As far as I know, if you apply for work permit and you have positive LMIA, that means, you have an employment contract with the employer and showing proof of funds is not necessary?
Hi, if you have an offer of employment you do not show proof of funds, because your employer will have committed to sponsor the whole process of your immigration to Canada

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Which program are you applying through?
Sorry for late response,i was in a place with no internet.I'm applying through TFWP(Temporary Foreign Worker Program) in low skilled jobs in Ontario.
I'm familiar with all Immigration matter,but i want to increase my chances of getting work permit and want to make sure all documents are in order. i have been told there has been many work permit application being denied from my country.

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hello,

Yes,you need to show proof of funds,how much depends upon your country of origin as well.If you don't provide Bank Statements and Bank Balance Certificate than your application will be weak and will more likely be rejected depending upon your country of residence. Providing all documents and more will make your application strong and increase your chances of getting work permit.