+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Balance Certificate or Bank Statements? (Or Both?)

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Guys, I have the bank letterhead on which everything is written, including 6 months average.

The issue is if I show bank statements, then I may have to show all my bank accounts as I have made trans

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Guys, I have the bank letterhead on which everything is written, including 6 months average.

The issue is if I show bank statements, then I may have to show all my bank accounts as I have made trans
I haven't heard about such an issue. Is it true that if we have made transactions from our main account to our other accounts, we have to show statement of other accounts also ? Can you give a link to such requirement in any site or a thread where same issue was faced by someone else ?

I had asked a similar question about having multiple bank accounts with single POF account and the answer I got was we need to submit the 6 month statement of POF account only. Not sure how solid the info is.

Click here for my thread

If you want more clarity on your question, it is better create a new thread about it.

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Hello,

No, its not written explicitly and I am not sure , but I am assuming that if statements are that important maybe they might read the transactions.

So back to the question that even if they do, then :

1. It has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts
2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ? Will that be fine ?

Please guide

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hello,

No, its not written explicitly and I am not sure , but I am assuming that if statements are that important maybe they might read the transactions.

So back to the question that even if they do, then :

1. It has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts
2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ? Will that be fine ?

Please guide
I am not an expert. I cannot answer those questions. I said I had similar doubts

I asked you to create a new thread not to post under my thread that I linked (I'm not being rude)

Make separate threads for different questions (from my experience here, people usually won't answer all questions numbered 1,2,3... in a single thread.

Make one thread for account/statement related questions and one for credit card related ones. Or ask together together if you wish

Also use the search feature in this forum, use specific key words in your question ( like "credit card statement"), you might find similar threads

All the best and feel free the ask any questions to me if you want (I'm a beginner here, can't answer much)

Also you can start private conversations with any member if you click on their name and go to their profile. Senior/expert members will get hundreds private questions to them and may not answer yours, but you can try your luck

Everything that I have mentioned above is from my experience in this forum during the past few months, may not be accurate...

Btw, have you got your ITA or researching/preparing like me ?

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
I am not an expert. I cannot answer those questions. I said I had similar doubts

I asked you to create a new thread not to post under my thread that I linked (I'm not being rude)

Make separate threads for different questions (from my experience here, people usually won't answer all questions numbered 1,2,3... in a single thread.

Make one thread for account/statement related questions and one for credit card related ones. Or ask together together if you wish

Also use the search feature in this forum, use specific key words in your question ( like "credit card statement"), you might find similar threads

All the best and feel free the ask any questions to me if you want (I'm a beginner here, can't answer much)

Also you can start private conversations with any member if you click on their name and go to their profile. Senior/expert members will get hundreds private questions to them and may not answer yours, but you can try your luck

Everything that I have mentioned above is from my experience in this forum during the past few months, may not be accurate...

Btw, have you got your ITA or researching/preparing like me ?

Thanks !!!! will ask around in separate thread

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply, salary account is handled the same way as a savings account right ? I am worried whether there will be any restrictions in issuing letters because it is a salary account

I don't think there should be any issue with the bank issuing you a letter. In my case at least, I only had to submit a POF letter from my bank mentioning the balance. To be on the safe side, I have shown slightly higher balance than required. Also, mine was salary account.

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
I don't think there should be any issue with the bank issuing you a letter. In my case at least, I only had to submit a POF letter from my bank mentioning the balance. To be on the safe side, I have shown slightly higher balance than required. Also, mine was salary account.
Thanks for the reply

Mullaimano

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
My bank, STATE BANK OF INDIA,refused to issue a letter on the official letter head, though they agreed to give it in the required format with their seal and signature on normal paper. Is that okay?

Sant_times

Mar 31, 2019
Can we can show the salary certificate in company letter head with company stamp inplace of bank statement while applying canada tourist visa?

shevu

Jan 21, 2021
I have a question related to POF

I am showing mu funds as FDs but I am also attaching balance certificate and six months balance statement.
The question is both the mentioned documents are dated differently. The balance certificate is dated 25 Jan,2021and six months statement is up to today i.e. 5 Feb,2021

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I have a question related to POF

I am showing mu funds as FDs but I am also attaching balance certificate and six months balance statement.
The question is both the mentioned documents are dated differently. The balance certificate is dated 25 Jan,2021and six months statement is up to today i.e. 5 Feb,2021
I have the same question. Did you find an answer for this?