+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds : Statement from one bank (has funds) or from all my accounts

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
For POF, if I have the required funds in one bank and I have accounts in 3 other banks (not much money), do I need to submit the statements of all my banks or only the bank which has the POF funds ?

What are the chances where a visa officer may ask of other account details ?

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
No, just the bank showing the required amount of funds.
Thanks for the reply...visa officer won't ask for other bank details right ?

I am planning to move small sums (about 30% of POF) in my other accounts to my father's account and he will give me the POF requirement money along with his contribution (70% of POF). Want to avoid complications of showing multiple bank accounts, I have to get money as gift anyway. So making all funds into single gift from my father. This will work right ?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Thanks for the reply...visa officer won't ask for other bank details right ?

I am planning to move small sums (about 30% of POF) in my other accounts to my father's account and he will give me the POF requirement money along with his contribution (70% of POF). Want to avoid complications of showing multiple bank accounts, I have to get money as gift anyway. So making all funds into single gift from my father. This will work right ?
Yes, if the money is a gift from your father, have him transfer the whole amount to your bank account and have him sign a gift declaration. Also show a confirmation of the transaction to prove the money came from him. Good luck

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Yes, if the money is a gift from your father, have him transfer the whole amount to your bank account and have him sign a gift declaration. Also show a confirmation of the transaction to prove the money came from him. Good luck
One more question, since I am getting gift do I need to give 6 month statement (of my main account where I'll be receiving funds) or 1 or 2 months statement that includes the gift transaction is enough ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
One more question, since I am getting gift do I need to give 6 month statement (of my main account where I'll be receiving funds) or 1 or 2 months statement that includes the gift transaction is enough ?
Better to. The gift deed is just proof of why there was a transfer. It's the supplementary document not the main one

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
There's no harm in showing 6 months bank statement.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
There's no harm in showing 6 months bank statement.
Hopefully there won't be an issue, the account I am receiving my funds will be my salary account. There were instances where my balance reached 0.
I will keep my account balance above the POF limit once I get the gift.

Reaching 0 balance or close to 0 almost every month won't be an issue ?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hopefully there won't be an issue, the account I am receiving my funds will be my salary account. There were instances where my balance reached 0.
I will keep my account balance above the POF limit once I get the gift.

Reaching 0 balance or close to 0 almost every month won't be an issue ?
No, it won't matter because you're using gift money, hence history is irrelavent.

rishirajsing

Aug 14, 2018
Hello,

I came as per the directions of @thog89 .
I am planning to show my 2 accounts which clear the req. amount eaisly. I have the bank letter head and everything is been written on it. My Question is:
1. Do I need to show bank statements also, the reason being it has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts
2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ?

Please guide

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

I came as per the directions of @thog89 .
I am planning to show my 2 accounts which clear the req. amount eaisly. I have the bank letter head and everything is been written on it. My Question is:
1. Do I need to show bank statements also, the reason being it has some transactions to those accounts which I am not planning to show ? So can this leads to further verification / queries to show those accounts
2. Some of the transctions have been specifically mentioned for Credit Cards bill payment ? Does it mean I have to show Credit Card details also ?

3. If I have to show Credit Cards , then will the Credit Card Bill Statements will do ? My bank will not stamp it for sure ?

Please guide
There is no problem in that, just submit the bank statement.

HariPriya12

Jun 5, 2019
Chennai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Dear EE experts,

I have multiple bank accounts. Can I show just 1 account that my mother and I jointly hold (I have full operational rights) as proof of funds? This account is not my salary account but hers.

I have FDs in this account payable to me for about half the required funds in this bank. Is it sufficient to add another FD for the remaining amount and show it along with the 6 months statement?

Should I necessarily show my salary, other savings accounts and credit cards? Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Dear EE experts,

I have multiple bank accounts. Can I show just 1 account that my mother and I jointly hold (I have full operational rights) as proof of funds? This account is not my salary account but hers.

I have FDs in this account payable to me for about half the required funds in this bank. Is it sufficient to add another FD for the remaining amount and show it along with the 6 months statement?

Should I necessarily show my salary, other savings accounts and credit cards? Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Hi

Yes you can submitt multiple bank account statements

Kind Regards