+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds at landing

sairasaira

Jun 30, 2012
hi.how muchcdoney is a must to be shown as Pof?i already declared my accounts at the time i applied and then once again the latest ones when i had to submit latest docs at medical ( maybe b4 medical).now do i need to show the accounts again and also the cash at landing!we are 4members. 12k CN$Will be enough?can i declare rest if required throug my current bank statements? Credit card?debit card? Or any other way?just asking to be sure and also to bring more funds if required
By the way is these difference in Pof and settlement amount..later may be the that one has to show that one has enough money for settling1

Sherin

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
sairasaira said:
hi.how muchcdoney is a must to be shown as Pof?i already declared my accounts at the time i applied and then once again the latest ones when i had to submit latest docs at medical ( maybe b4 medical).now do i need to show the accounts again and also the cash at landing!we are 4members. 12k CN$Will be enough?can i declare rest if required throug my current bank statements? Credit card?debit card? Or any other way?just asking to be sure and also to bring more funds if required
By the way is these difference in Pof and settlement amount..later may be the that one has to show that one has enough money for settling1
Hi,
Yes, you are required to show POF at landing. I am not sure how much you need to show for 4 members
but you can always check this on cic web site. You should have seen this also in info for application package
while applying for immigration (the very first step). Travellers cheques and bank drafts are absolutely fine to show
at POE. Cash also fine but you dont need to carry a lot of cash while travelling. Seniors in this forum recommended
20% cash 80% travellers cheques or drafts. Pls also read threads by Qorax about POF in this form.
Hope this helps.
Sherin

Sherin

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
sairasaira said:
If you need additional amount of money for your own use (not to show to officer), you can also use prepaid
credit card. I personally used it and it was Ok. It saves you from carrying a lot of cash during the travel hassle.