+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds at landing, cant use statements?

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
Hi everyone,

I'm reading a lot of people posting comments saying the proof of funds during landing have to be in CASH or money order or something similar, they are saying it is not OK to show bank statements. I don't plan on taking the risk of waking around with that much money on me and planned to take the last three months of my bank statement showing I have the funds available (U.S. bank account) when I land. Is it fine do to that do you think?

thanks of your help

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Yes, you can show bank statements from the past 2-3 months as long as you have transferred money to a Canadian bank (bank based in Canada). A letter from the bank to such effect would also help.

Mark

dsay

Jul 5, 2013
If im planning to complete my landing but not planning on migrating yet, do i still have to transfer the money to a Canadian bank?
We're planning to land & spend a month in canada( at my sisters place) so we can look for settling options, and then we will return to US and move completely after 6 months.

banrad

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be asked at the POE about your funds to support yourself/family in Canada, which must be at least the minimum required by CIC. As proof of sufficient funds you can use e.g. a cheque. Of course you don't need to encash it in Canada, but bring it back to the US if you don't mean to keep the money in a Canadian bank account for the time being ;)
Next time you fly in, you won't be asked about the POF as you already produced it at landing.