+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds at Airport

HoneyBee16

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, i had doubt on showing proof of funds at Toronto Airport. Is it okay to show Fixed deposit and indian bank statement as a proof of funds at the airport. Though i will be carrying 50 percent of cash in form of TC's, i was just concerned about FD & Bank statement part

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyBee16 said:
hi, i had doubt on showing proof of funds at Toronto Airport. Is it okay to show Fixed deposit and indian bank statement as a proof of funds at the airport. Though i will be carrying 50 percent of cash in form of TC's, i was just concerned about FD & Bank statement part
Hi,

I have heard from seniors members that the bank statment is not recomended especially from the local banks is not acceptable as its hard for immigration to verfiy it so its recommended to take cash plus travellers cheque with you or transfer your funds to one of the canadian bank and show that statement.

cheers
saki

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
I can tell my experince. I had insiufficient money at immigration, because i was actually visiting for two weeks (only to land and process everything). Anyway, I told them i have money in my banks and in stock market, and gradually will transfer funds. Also I havent resigned from my current job, meaning I will get my termination benefit and pension fund. Altogether i will have CAD40,000 in next three month transferred from my home country. They just believed it. So wrote--i brought 40k. Thats it!

Another Q I asked them, what if the home country immigration does not allow you to take away USD beyond certain amount? (such as from Bangladesh, outgoing pessenger cant take away USD more than 5000 and if it is for immigration purpose, even less, 2.5k! )
They said, in that case the person should carry other proof - such as bank statement (of at least 3 months transactions), fixed deposit slips, share/bond etc.

I had friend migrated in canada and entered with 1,100 without any hassle. Actually they hardly can keep you not enter Canada if you are already recommended to be PR--they just do all acting! don;t worry much! Be bold!

good luck!