+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds as FSW but already in Canada for 4 years

GabrielB

Mar 23, 2024
Hi everyone!

I am currently in the EE pool under the FSW program and this is my situation:

I live in Canada for more than 4 years now, have been working for my current employer for more than 3 years, I do not have a “valid job offer” as my work permit is an open one, and I won’t be able to show $13,700 in my account as I should be invited pretty soon to apply for PR because of recent draw scores and my own score (521).

I came here to ask about the proof of funds needed for someone with a profile like mine because whenever I look it up it amazes me how every circumstance is given to people applying for PR outside Canada (hence the $13,700 completely understandable) or people applying under other programs such as PNP. What about my case, someone who is undoubtedly settled in Canada but without the so-called “valid job offer”, meaning I would still need to show that same number of proof of funds as someone who’s applying outside Canada, having no job when arriving here, no house, no settlement?

Thank you for your time on reading this! The confusion also comes from the fact that I know people who had their PR applications approved under the same circumstances as mine (having, for instance, around $6,000 as proof of funds).