+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds and work experience

Xavierl92

Dec 17, 2017
Dear all,

I will be applying for the Express Entry program next year. I am a little confused about the proof of fund requirements. My mother has a significant amount of property on her name which she would like to transfer to me that would meet the requirement of approximately 13000 CAD. However, do I need to keep this money in a current/saving account for some amount of time or can I show rental agreements for property with my name on them?

Secondly, what documents do they ask to prove work experience. A few months before my graduation (May 2018) I was employed as an external consultant for a startup which paid me a lump sum amount for a few months after which I started working a full time job (October 2018). Will my experience count after I have graduated or can I show it since I was employed (Jan 2018). And will the lump sum payment instead of a monthly income be a problem in proving the work experience?

Thanks

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
For Proof of funds probably better have this money on your account because to them it might look pretty suspicious if you get a ~15k transfer a month before. You can try to justify it as a gift but who knows.

For work experience they ask a letter from the employer, that has duration of work (when you started and left), your pay and description of your duties, Better to support your application with paystubs and tax forms (not sure how it works in your country but in Canada the employer gives you a T4 with your income, tax deductibles etc)