+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds and Medical...important

master69

Dec 4, 2006
Hello, I have a couple of questions and any information will be appeciated.

Proof of Funds: If I have maximum amount of my funds in an offshore bank and only 2 to 3 thousand dollars in an US Checking account, can I show the canadian immigration my Fixed Deposit Receipts from an offshore bank, instead of current USA cheacking account?

Medical Exam: My application is based in USA; I am on vacation now, so would it be acceptable if my medical results are from outside USA from a designated medical examiner OR I have to return to USA and complete my Medical Exam in USA.

Thank you
Bye

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
master69 said:
Proof of Funds: ............(If I were you I would use all my accounts ... offshore & US ... to provide proof)

Medical Exam: ............ (To make it less complicated, why dont you just go for your medicals in the US after your vacation?)

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends !
Just need some information regarding proof of funds.

I provided the proof of funds in the form of Fixed Deposit(FD) but the FD benefits are very negligible. Now I want to break those Fixed Deposits and convert them into other(Better) Fixed Deposits.

My point is that, will it be OK if I do so and send them(CIC, New Delhi) with new FD papers or shall I wait till the end of the process.

I will be glad to have any advice.

regards and good luck to all.

malwa09

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
master69 said:
Medical Exam: My application is based in USA; I am on vacation now, so would it be acceptable if my medical results are from outside USA from a designated medical examiner OR I have to return to USA and complete my Medical Exam in USA.
You can get the medical at any DMP.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Yes for both of your questions, however upon landing, I prefer cash, TC or DD. No one guarantees what IO might behave.

Cheers

master69 said:
Hello, I have a couple of questions and any information will be appeciated.

Proof of Funds: If I have maximum amount of my funds in an offshore bank and only 2 to 3 thousand dollars in an US Checking account, can I show the canadian immigration my Fixed Deposit Receipts from an offshore bank, instead of current USA cheacking account?

Thank you
Bye

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Malwa, if you may, don't keep posting the same question here and there. We already answered you.

Good luck

malwa09 said:
Hi Friends !
Just need some information regarding proof of funds.

I provided the proof of funds in the form of Fixed Deposit(FD) but the FD benefits are very negligible. Now I want to break those Fixed Deposits and convert them into other(Better) Fixed Deposits.

My point is that, will it be OK if I do so and send them(CIC, New Delhi) with new FD papers or shall I wait till the end of the process.

I will be glad to have any advice.

regards and good luck to all.

malwa09