+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund

hedieh

May 23, 2007
Sydney
Hi;
My partner and I have applied for PR from sydney office since August 2005.we are not australian permanent residents.
We recieved a letter requesting documnets at Jan 2008,one of them was proof of fund document which is Bank statement of the past 6 months.
My partner is main applicant and he left Australia in December 2007 so I sent off my bank statement under my name.
They asked us to update proof of fund again at 5 March 2008.
I don't know if they didn't accept my documnet or something!!
could anyone have an opinion about it?
Thank you very much

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
might be possible they didnt received your statement last time you really dont need to show them last 6 month statement but you to have send them a statement which showing that you have atleast 12,600 $CAD something for two people you can show them in Aus $ too , you can send them again statement ,

hedieh

May 23, 2007
Sydney
they asked for other documents such as my husband degree and updated work experience in Australia with bank statement.
so I put all of them together in one envelope.
This time they didn't ask for the other 2 documnets.
I mean 99% ther've received the bank statements.
and they mention in both letters "bank statement of the past 6 months"
Thank you

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
there is no problem if you showing money in your husband's account while you both are part of immigration process, "write small note on a paper and mention reason why you unable to send your past six month statement and why you sending your husband's bank statement there is no problem if statement is under your husband name because you both are part of application, all you need to prove that you both have funds for moving to canada ,

hedieh said:
they asked for other documents such as my husband degree and updated work experience in Australia with bank statement.
so I put all of them together in one envelope.
This time they didn't ask for the other 2 documnets.
I mean 99% ther've received the bank statements.
and they mention in both letters "bank statement of the past 6 months"
Thank you

hedieh

May 23, 2007
Sydney
Please let me know if I understood it right,
both primary applicant and spouse could show their bank statement and
it doesn't matter which one is main applicant,as long as they are in the same application????
Am I right?

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
Visa officers have been instructed not to refuse applicants on the basis of not being able to provide the required proof of funds alone,
you can send your husband bank statement,
but if you still worry you can put your husband's money into your account and send your statement and explain that you was out of country thats why you unable to show last 6 month statement ,
remember that will not effect on your visa decision , because embassy knows once you will give them proof of money later you have to show this money at time of entry to canada, so you can send your husband's statement,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maroraza said:
Visa officers have been instructed not to refuse applicants on the basis of not being able to provide the required proof of funds alone,
you can send your husband bank statement,
but if you still worry you can put your husband's money into your account and send your statement and explain that you was out of country thats why you unable to show last 6 month statement ,
remember that will not effect on your visa decision , because embassy knows once you will give them proof of money later you have to show this money at time of entry to canada, so you can send your husband's statement,
I really don't know where you found that "Visa officers have been instructed not to refuse applicants on the basis of not being able to provide the required proof of funds alone" I suggest that you start you reading of the manuals, for example OP6:

The funds must be:
• available and transferable;
• unencumbered by debts or other obligations.
If… Then the officer will…the applicant clearlydemonstrates that they have
sufficient available funds to meet the requirements or
the applicant has arranged
employment as defined in R82
• proceed to Section 11.
the applicant does not initially
demonstrate that they have
sufficient available funds to
meet the requirements at time
of application
• advise the applicant of the officer’s specific settlement funds
concerns and give the applicant the opportunity to address
this problem.
the applicant is unable to
demonstrate that they have
sufficient available funds to
meet the requirements
• refuse the application.
Note: Pursuant to R76(3), substituted evaluation (Section
11.3) cannot be used to override a refusal due to insufficient
funds.

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I am really sure they got your first bank statments, and before the officer makes a decision, would like to have your current information i.e. bank statements, education etc.

Keep on updating them with what they request for. Some letters i pressume are just standard letters as they have to work on so many cases. Its a good sign they are requesting for all those documents showing that they are actively working on your file. One thing i would advise if both of you are currently working also send some payslips to show income if not dont worry.

rnm10c

Mar 10, 2008
In my opinion, Visa officials's request is simply a routine.there might not be direct logical relationship with your case.

hedieh

May 23, 2007
Sydney
I just called them today;
they were not satisfied because I sent a lot of bank statements of my husband and mine to prove where these deposits are coming from,but it was a confusion for them and difficult to realize what is what!! (Is it a good English?!!!)
and first I deposited 3070 Aus $ which just happened before I got their first letter,actually it was enough because the closing balance was 12800 Aus$ but I just thaught we need to show more than enough so I asked my husband to send me 3000$ and I deposited it in our bank account and the same day asked the bank to give me a statement of the past 6 months and sent it to them.
It didn't make sense and I guess they think we borrowed it!!!! BTW I didn't attached any document for the last deposit because it wasn't a formal transaction,my husband gave equal to 3000$ in our currency to a friend and I got 3000$ from his relative in Australia.
you know there is a lot of different ways of transfering money and we chose the quickest one to to make the papers ASAP.but apparantly it didn't work.so from my experience please take your time and make everything very clear for them,it has 2 good points;
1- They process it quicker
2- They might not ask you to redo it
Good luck everyone
P.S.
for the friends who think just primary applicant can send bank statement;
they don't mind about it and both primary and spouse can show their bank statements