+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund

Ali Ishag

Dec 1, 2017
Hello everbody,

I recieved my End of service as a cheque to my account. It mentions my name ,account number,comapny name and account number. It also mentions (EOS). The company did not give me and other document. Now when I deposit this cheque into my account it will reflect as "cheque creadited with cheque number and the amount" with no further detail in my statement.
Mt question is would a LOE with scaned copy of the cheque be sufficient to convince the officer that this is my money from EOS? Please note I approched the company to get letter stating my EOF amount and cheque but they refused .

Thanks

Ali Ishag

Dec 1, 2017
Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Yes I have all email conversation with them
The cheque mentions the company name and account as issuer and my name and account "the only one that I havewhich Iam using to show fund" as reciever. It also mentions (EOF). The cheque has a number which will reflect on my statement .Don't you think that all these thing are enough to proof that I got it from the company. I have more than 10 pay stubs , redudancy letter which,experience letter,offer letter and salary increment letter all these are sold proof that I was working there.

Ali Ishag

Dec 1, 2017
I think this is enough. Put it together and explain it in a letter of explanation. IRCC agents should be able to read it and understand it. But if possible, please wait for other members to post a response and see if they have a similar answer.
Sure, I will wait for others openion .Any how thank you sooooo much for your valuable input.

Reactions: RajKannan

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello everbody,

I recieved my End of service as a cheque to my account. It mentions my name ,account number,comapny name and account number. It also mentions (EOS). The company did not give me and other document. Now when I deposit this cheque into my account it will reflect as "cheque creadited with cheque number and the amount" with no further detail in my statement.
Mt question is would a LOE with scaned copy of the cheque be sufficient to convince the officer that this is my money from EOS? Please note I approched the company to get letter stating my EOF amount and cheque but they refused .

Thanks
How big is the amount relative to your balance in account? For example if your bank account had say 20K USD before the chequeu deposit and cheque was for 1K USD.. no one is going to ask you anything. If it is a huge sum which is critical to prove your POF then yes they may ask for a backup. You can simply keep a photocopy or picture of cheque which will show it was given to you by your company.