+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund while applying student visa

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello everyone,

I got offer letter form georgian college. Now I am going to apply for visa.

I am married but in my passport I have my father's name.
So for proof of fund , should I need to mention my father's bank balance? Is it ohk?? or I can also mention my father-in-low's bank balance too??

Thank you in advance.

Zsahar

May 8, 2017
I wasn't married when I applied for student visa. However I suggest using father's bank balance only. The point is to show the bank balance of the person supporting your studies. So if your husband has enough in his account, you could probably show that and mention that you are married. I don't see any situation where father-in-law's bank balance would be necessary, since he is neither your guardian nor spouse. Check with the embassy from where you are applying before making a decision.

NisargShivali

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
I wasn't married when I applied for student visa. However I suggest using father's bank balance only. The point is to show the bank balance of the person supporting your studies. So if your husband has enough in his account, you could probably show that and mention that you are married. I don't see any situation where father-in-law's bank balance would be necessary, since he is neither your guardian nor spouse. Check with the embassy from where you are applying before making a decision.
Thank you Zsahar.. Will mention my father's and husband's bank balance..

Is this ohk if I mention saving account's bank balance??
Or is it require to show FD( Fixed deposit) or something else??

Perks Daltine

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got offer letter form georgian college. Now I am going to apply for visa.

I am married but in my passport I have my father's name.
So for proof of fund , should I need to mention my father's bank balance? Is it ohk?? or I can also mention my father-in-low's bank balance too??

Thank you in advance.
Well, it depends on who has opt to sponsor you. If it is your father only, then it is needless puting your fathe in law's bank statement. but if both are your sponsors for your trip. Then you have to put the balance of the two sponsors with a letter from each of them declearing they will sponsor you for your trip to Canada.