+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Fund (Urgent)

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
Hi!
I just wanted to confirm, I have a car loan from the bank, will that affect my eligibility?
Should I maintain more balance or what?

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
POF is your funds you own as of now - mostly liquid funds. If you have an outstanding Car Loan, it brings down your actual funds in your account. Example:

Bank A/C : CAD 10,000
Outstanding Car Loan : CAD 2,000

So you funds in 'this' account is CD 8,000. You need to maintain your funds consistently in your account(s).

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
I have a car loan of CAD 20k, but still I have liquid cash of CAD 18k, I'm paying monthly installments, if they deduct my car loan from my funds, I'll never be able to show the POF?

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
POF is your funds you own as of now - mostly liquid funds. If you have an outstanding Car Loan, it brings down your actual funds in your account. Example:

Bank A/C : CAD 10,000
Outstanding Car Loan : CAD 2,000

So you funds in 'this' account is CD 8,000. You need to maintain your funds consistently in your account(s).
I don't believe this is correct. The car itself has a value.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I don't believe this is correct. The car itself has a value.
Yes, car has value, Where did I say it doesn't? But it is not Liquid. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out really.

And, if I remember correctly, the requirement clearly states, you balance post all loans/credit cards (something like that). So, no, Car loan balance (if on your statement) will be excluded.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have a car loan of CAD 20k, but still I have liquid cash of CAD 18k, I'm paying monthly installments, if they deduct my car loan from my funds, I'll never be able to show the POF?
The answer in very simple terms is Yes.
>Untill and Unless you decide to sell your car and clear your loan (typically, the outstanding balance is always lesser than the value of the car) In that case you may very well show CAD 18K.

ruchirmrg

Jun 19, 2017
Yes, car has value, Where did I say it doesn't? But it is not Liquid. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this out really.

And, if I remember correctly, the requirement clearly states, you balance post all loans/credit cards (something like that). So, no, Car loan balance (if on your statement) will be excluded.
My car loan is not showing on my statement, I have sufficient funds according to my statement. But in a liability letter, it is written that I have a liability of car loan.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
My car loan is not showing on my statement, I have sufficient funds according to my statement. But in a liability letter, it is written that I have a liability of car loan.
Haven't you answered your own question?

My suggestion is to get rid of the liability - and have a clean case. You never know what a case officer thinks of such things.

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
So my actual situation is this .. I have cash of 27K and a car loan with balance of 22K .. so am I considered someone with insufficient fund for the post ITA process?