+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund related question

Sharksn

Dec 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I apologise if there is already a thread and solution regarding the concerns i have.

I live in KSA and in process of submitting my documents to cic.

I would list down my concerns as;

- i received ITA on 15 november 2017, and funds was made available on 28 and 30 november. Can that be a problem?

- number of individuals are 3. So i need to retain around SR 60k balance. I had 5 k before, SR 30 k was gifted by my father on november 30, 2017 and received SR 25.5 k as bonus from the Company.

- the gift from dad can also be identified in the bank transaction which mentions my father name and "gift to son". No tax implication in the kingdom.

- the bonus received from the company can be seen as Payroll deposit in my bank statement. I tried obtaining bonus letter from the Company but a long procedure has taken place and the HR is not certain whether this will be provided as no one ever requested such letter and bonus list are prepared on overall level which is confidential. I am concerned that i can only provide bank statement reference of "payroll deposit". Further, bonus is mentioned in my reference/employment letter as an annual bonus benefit. No payslips are generated for bonus payment since these are not monthly payroll and are paid seperately.

Any advice please?????

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
For Gift from Father, you also need to have a gift deed made.

For Bonus, Your Salary slip would be reflecting that transaction so that would be enough.

Reactions: Sharksn

Sharksn

Dec 27, 2017
For Gift from Father, you also need to have a gift deed made.

For Bonus, Your Salary slip would be reflecting that transaction so that would be enough.
Thanks for the reply.

Here, is the problem. I tried asking them about salary slip. The finance team said that the bonuses are disbursed based on approved list and paid to respective employee directly. He also stated the fact that bonus are processed separately and are not part of monthly payroll. Therefore there is no salary slip for bonus.

I have only two options for LOE = To show cic the bank transaction mentioning "Deposit of payroll" directly from the Company and refer to the employment letter which mentions annual bonus.

But I am scared that this might result in rejection because of insufficient proof.

I would like your view and advice on the above.

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

Here, is the problem. I tried asking them about salary slip. The finance team said that the bonuses are disbursed based on approved list and paid to respective employee directly. He also stated the fact that bonus are processed separately and are not part of monthly payroll. Therefore there is no salary slip for bonus.

I have only two options for LOE = To show cic the bank transaction mentioning "Deposit of payroll" directly from the Company and refer to the employment letter which mentions annual bonus.

But I am scared that this might result in rejection because of insufficient proof.

I would like your view and advice on the above.
A letter from HR mentioning the same should be enough I guess.

Sharksn

Dec 27, 2017
A letter from HR mentioning the same should be enough I guess.
I am sorry if i am confusing you guys. As i mentoined above, that both letter and salary slip are not possible.

However, i received a generic email targeted to all department personnel that bonus arrears are processed.

I hope i am clear with my problem here :). Kindly advice.

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I am sorry if i am confusing you guys. As i mentoined above, that both letter and salary slip are not possible.

However, i received a generic email targeted to all department personnel that bonus arrears are processed.

I hope i am clear with my problem here :). Kindly advice.
Get the HR to respond over email that they cannot provide you the specific letter or salary slip (mention the details in the email you send to HR). Attach that response email, along with the generic email as part of the application. Clarify these things properly in LOE. If CIC wants more info, they will ask for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharksn

Sharksn

Dec 27, 2017
Get the HR to respond over email that they cannot provide you the specific letter or salary slip. Attach that response email, along with the generic email as part of the application. Clarify these things properly in LOE. If CIC wants more info, they will ask for it.
So I requested the finance head and got the "Employee Payslip". Which only mentions Bonus, amount and other generic payment details except for (monthly salary and benefits which can be separately requested). The payslip is printed on Company official letter head and stamped. Although, the only person who is required to sign the payslip is ME. Do I need to get it signed too? or official letter and stamp is enough along with my signature?

Thanks :) Atleast i am relieved a bit that payslip is prepared.

Reactions: 000111222