+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund question during landing process for spouse

abcshake

Jan 11, 2024
Hi guys

My wife will be landing in a few weeks as a permanent resident. I am her sponsor. I am trying to research the types of questions she might encounter from the immigration officers after landing. I've heard some PR applicants are asked for their proof of funds to live in Canada, I'm not sure if this question is relevant for spousal applicants after application is approved. My wife will be living with me and I will essentially be providing for her financial needs. If asked, can she simply say that her husband will provide for her financially?

Should I print out a bank statement in case this is asked?

Also are PR applicants usually asked if they plan to work in Canada regardless of the stream (express entry, skilled, spousal etc.)?

Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

My wife will be landing in a few weeks as a permanent resident. I am her sponsor. I am trying to research the types of questions she might encounter from the immigration officers after landing. I've heard some PR applicants are asked for their proof of funds to live in Canada, I'm not sure if this question is relevant for spousal applicants after application is approved. My wife will be living with me and I will essentially be providing for her financial needs. If asked, can she simply say that her husband will provide for her financially?

Should I print out a bank statement in case this is asked?

Also are PR applicants usually asked if they plan to work in Canada regardless of the stream (express entry, skilled, spousal etc.)?

Thanks
For family sponsorships, no one need to worry about proof of funds. The CBSA might however ask how much she is carrying.

Reactions: abcshake