+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Fund help

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Guys,

I have opened a joint account with my wife in Dec 2020 to transfer all of her savings and mine together to submit my POF.

Question here is:

My wife has maintained the amount in her account since Aug 2020 till Dec 2020 (before the opening of joint account) and I have maintained the since June 2020 till August 2020 before investing in buying golds during the pandemic.(This is have sold it and deposited the fund into my joint account in Dec 2020). The amount in our joint account were not at the same amount since the beginning as we used it and borrowed to our relatives along the way. Right now after 3 months opening the joint account I have sufficient fund to show as POF but what are the documents I need to produce together with my application?

I will be attaching:

1. My wife bank statement and bank letter since Aug 2020 to Dec 2020
2. My bank statement since June 2020 to August 2020
3. Official gold purchasing receipt
4.Latest 3 months joint account statement

Will those mentioned above are sufficient enough for my application or I need to add gift deed from my wife?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
The number 3 won't prove anything. VO is interested in liquid funds.

The gift deed is more of assets, not a liquid funds. You could also add where the source of income is coming from, like a continuous income flow.

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
The number 3 won't prove anything. VO is interested in liquid funds.

The gift deed is more of assets, not a liquid funds. You could also add where the source of income is coming from, like a continuous income flow.

Thanks for the clarification. As of the gift deed the fund has been transferred into the new joint account recently.