+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund for Non-Express Entry PNC application

MSKAurin

Aug 9, 2021
Can anyone help me please!
I got provincial nomination from OINP and I'm preparing to submit application for PR (under PNC).
Do I need to include a proof of fund in my application for PR?
Thanks in advance :).

ftlz

Jul 8, 2021
I got provincial nomination from OINP and I'm preparing to submit application for PR (under PNC).
No. Proof of funds are usually required during the provincial nomination stage. It's not among the required documents in the federal stage of PNP Non-EE stream. Check the documents checklist.

Reactions: MSKAurin

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Hi Good Folks,
I have received OINP Nomination (Masters Graduate Stream- Non Express Entry program) recently. I have a dilemma, do I need to show settlement fund while applying for PR in online portal? I am currently working in NOC A job in Ontario. I didn’t find anything fund related accurate answer for non express entry pnp programs.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

moosa544

Jan 20, 2023
Did you got the answer for this, right now i am in the same situation regarding POF. i got nomination under masterst stream.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi,
I got nominated for OINP Master Stream as well and have submitted my application to IRCC.

This is what I included:
-Signed job letter stating my annual salary
-Stamped and signed letter from a Canadian bank listing the average funds in the past 6 months and applicable liabilities.

The PoF was not specifically asked for on the check list. I looked on IRCC’s website that applicants need to demonstrate that they can be economically established in Canada.

I think if you have a job and can provide the job letter and bank statement to show that you can support yourself, that can’t hurt.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/provincial-nominees/determining-membership-class.html

I submitted my application only a few weeks ago and won’t get AoR in a while, so I can’t tell you for sure. Will keep you updated. Good luck.

moosa544

Jan 20, 2023
Hi,
I got nominated for OINP Master Stream as well and have submitted my application to IRCC.

This is what I included:
-Stamped and signed letter from a Canadian bank listing the average funds in the past 6 months and applicable liabilities.

The PoF was not specifically asked for on the check list. I looked on IRCC’s website that applicants need to demonstrate that they can be economically established in Canada.

I think if you have a job and can provide the job letter and bank statement to show that you can support yourself, that can’t hurt.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/provincial-nominees/determining-membership-class.html

I submitted my application only a few weeks ago and won’t get AoR in a while, so I can’t tell you for sure. Will keep you updated. Good luck.
Can you please let me know . How much funds did you showed in the bank statement, is it below 13000 what is required as per

moosa544

Jan 20, 2023
Can you please let me know . How much funds did you showed in the bank statement, is it below 13000 what is required as per
Sorry did you showed exact amount for one person as per ircc or just the amount showing available in the account such as 5000, 6000.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
How much you show may depend on whether or not you are applying alone or with family members.

I am applying alone, so I showed the exact amount I have in my bank accounts plus the job letter with salary information.

From the link I posted above:
"A nomination is evidence that the province or territory has conducted an assessment of the candidate and found that, in the view of the provincial officials, the candidate has met the requirements of the province or territory’s PNP, intends to reside in the nominating province or territory, and has a strong likelihood of becoming economically established in Canada."

From my understanding, this saying that the province have done the assessment of your finance already, but IRCC could ask for PoF from you at their discretion.

The fact that you got your nomination probably shows that the province is satisfied with your financial situations. I think you could submit whatever you submitted to the province for your federal application but have them updated (i.e. ask your employer for an updated job letter, go to a branch and ask for a new letter).

moosa544

Jan 20, 2023
How much you show may depend on whether or not you are applying alone or with family members.

I am applying alone, so I showed the exact amount I have in my bank accounts plus the job letter with salary information.

From the link I posted above:
"A nomination is evidence that the province or territory has conducted an assessment of the candidate and found that, in the view of the provincial officials, the candidate has met the requirements of the province or territory’s PNP, intends to reside in the nominating province or territory, and has a strong likelihood of becoming economically established in Canada."

From my understanding, this saying that the province have done the assessment of your finance already, but IRCC could ask for PoF from you at their discretion.

The fact that you got your nomination probably shows that the province is satisfied with your financial situations. I think you could submit whatever you submitted to the province for your federal application but have them updated (i.e. ask your employer for an updated job letter, go to a branch and ask for a new letter).
I have around 6000 in my account currently , I am applying with my family,as in general as per ircc website funds required is 25000. But in PNP I have showed only 4000 and my employment letter and they are satisfied on that.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
PoF is not specifically asked for on the checklist. But there is a Form called Schedule 4 where you have to tell IRCC how much transferable and unencumbered funds you have.

If you want, you could give an updated job letter with salary and bank statements similar to what you gave to the province to support the amount you claimed on Schedule 4.

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Hi,

This is what I included:

I applied to IRCC on the same stream (OINP Masters Grad stream) and I did not submit any bank statements with my pr application. I just submitted my employment letter and got my AOR on Dec 1 after a month of submitting the application online. But no update since then.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I applied to IRCC on the same stream (OINP Masters Grad stream) and I did not submit any bank statements with my pr application. I just submitted my employment letter and got my AOR on Dec 1 after a month of submitting the application online. But no update since then.
Thanks for sharing. I don't think bank statements are absolutely necessary for PNP as the would have already conducted their due diligence. My friend who applied earlier last year was asked to show bank statements during their application process. It doesn't appear to happen to everyone.

I just provided my bank statement and job letter in case IRCC ask for them and to corroborate the amount that I declared in schedule 4 to show that I didn't make this number up. lol.

I submitted my online application in early January. I don't have AoR yet. I think that might take a while.

FNOTT

Aug 9, 2022
Thanks for sharing. I don't think bank statements are absolutely necessary for PNP as the would have already conducted their due diligence. My friend who applied earlier last year was asked to show bank statements during their application process. It doesn't appear to happen to everyone.

I just provided my bank statement and job letter in case IRCC ask for them and to corroborate the amount that I declared in schedule 4 to show that I didn't make this number up. lol.

I submitted my online application in early January. I don't have AoR yet. I think that might take a while.
That’s right and it really depends on the officer and the documents that are supporting the amount that you claimed in Schedule 4. I declared my annual salary in Schedule 4 and that amount was written in my employment letter to support the amount that I claimed.

It’s a gray area and it’s not clearly written anywhere how much funds are needed for non express entry pnp applications. As the province already runs a financial background check, hence, ircc doesn’t care about that much.

Renata001

Aug 5, 2023
what about proof of work experience for nomination under Masters and PhD streams? Do we need it for the federal stage?