+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Financial Support w/ GI Bill

akimmel

Aug 3, 2018
Oklahoma, US
Hello,

I am currently working towards my Associates in Biology at a community college here in the US. It is my hope that once I get my Associates after the Fall 2019 semester that I can apply to complete my Bachelors at the University of Guelph. My husband and I have been looking into moving into the Guelph area for about a year now, but I haven't been able to find very clear answers for two questions and was hoping someone here might have an idea.

My husband has the G.I Bill which we will be using for tuition and housing allowance. I was reading on the Immigration and Citizenship section of the CIC's website that one needs $10,000 proving they have financial support for themselves, and an additional $4,000 for any accompanying family member. The GI bill would cover my tuition no problem, but I wasn't sure if the CIC would allow us to use the housing allowance provided to cover the $14,000 we would need for us to get in?

Additionally, is one able to use student loans to cover the $14,000 if not the GI Bill? I currently do not have any student loans and have been paying for my classes out of pocket.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

akimmel

Aug 3, 2018
Oklahoma, US
Ah excellent! Thank you very much. I was trying to figure out how on earth we were going to save up $14,000 within the year I have left to complete my Associates!

I appreciate your assistance :)