+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial support- Study permit

Jeet94

Apr 8, 2018
I wanted to know, do we have to keep 10,000 CAD in the account continuously for a year or we can withdraw it after the visa is issued. (Indian citizen applying for a study permit)

I am planning to pay the 11,000 CAD fees through a study loan. However I was thinking if I can arrange the balance of 10,000 CAD (Living expenses) through my personal sources, do I have to maintain that balance for a year or till the visa is issued?

Any help is appreciated, since I intend to apply ASAP. Grateful!

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
No, you just need to present proof of funds at the time of your application. CIC understands that the cost of living in Canada is high and that you will spend the money on living expenses.

That being said, if at a later date you apply to extend your study permit, you will need to present proof of funds then too

Jeet94

Apr 8, 2018
No, you just need to present proof of funds at the time of your application. CIC understands that the cost of living in Canada is high and that you will spend the money on living expenses.

That being said, if at a later date you apply to extend your study permit, you will need to present proof of funds then too
Thank you for the information. Do you by any chance have an idea, if I can keep my father's Public Provident Fund account as a proof of fund for the visa application?

gengen

May 28, 2019

1.How much funds does a student have to show to extend study permit ?
2.would VO accept a letter that student gets free room and board in lieu of work done around house to lower amount expected to extend study permit?
3) if i can get private personal loan from my lady friend would VO want to know person who loan it to me?

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
1.How much funds does a student have to show to extend study permit ?
2.would VO accept a letter that student gets free room and board in lieu of work done around house to lower amount expected to extend study permit?
3) if i can get private personal loan from my lady friend would VO want to know person who loan it to me?

maccyd10

Oct 26, 2015
You need 10000 to extend the permit.
They are not flexible on this. Cheap rent cannot be presented in lieu. The vo needs to see the proof of funds. Your friend needs to show proof of their funds and a guarantee that they will loan It to you

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
If I live with someone for free can this person write a document so I don't need to proof 10.000$?