+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of financial support from sponsor

broforb

Apr 21, 2018
from Nigeria.
my employer is sponsoring my study.
what proof of fund do i use?
mine or employer's statement of account or both?
i don't have the required fund in my personal account, but got a substantial amount therein.
what do i do? as i want to apply for my study visa against fall 2018 now.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Your employer will need to show bank statement as a sponsor, letter of sponsorship, proof of source of funds etc inclusive with your own personal statement because its already certain you work.

Dream_Pretty26

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
from Nigeria.
my employer is sponsoring my study.
what proof of fund do i use?
mine or employer's statement of account or both?
i don't have the required fund in my personal account, but got a substantial amount therein.
what do i do? as i want to apply for my study visa against fall 2018 now.
Hi
Please were you able to get a sample of employer sponsorship letter. If yes please can you forward it to me. Also was your visa approved using your employer as sponsor.
I’ll really appreciate your response. Thank you.

Bojangles

Aug 19, 2019
Hey everyone,
I recently got admitted into a graduate certificate program and plan on applying for a student visa. However I have some concerns.

I'm 37, no kids and graduated from a US university in 2015. I worked through 2019. I lived in the US for ~17 years and had leave as my status was no longer valid. Before I returned to Nigeria, I got married to my wife who is currently on H1B. I have applied twice for a dependent visa to the US but have been denied. I suspect they think it's a sham marriage.

In light of the above, how might I present my case to the VO? Also, i haven't worked in Nigeria since i returned but I do have a registered business. I also currently share a joint US Bank account with my wife with over $50K . My wife also has a separate account with significantly more in it.

1. Would you advise as far proof of income, I self sponsor or have my wife sponsor me?
2. Do you suppose my stay in the US might present some challenges?
3. Would my age also be a concern?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,
I recently got admitted into a graduate certificate program and plan on applying for a student visa. However I have some concerns.

I'm 37, no kids and graduated from a US university in 2015. I worked through 2019. I lived in the US for ~17 years and had leave as my status was no longer valid. Before I returned to Nigeria, I got married to my wife who is currently on H1B. I have applied twice for a dependent visa to the US but have been denied. I suspect they think it's a sham marriage.

In light of the above, how might I present my case to the VO? Also, i haven't worked in Nigeria since i returned but I do have a registered business. I also currently share a joint US Bank account with my wife with over $50K . My wife also has a separate account with significantly more in it.

1. Would you advise as far proof of income, I self sponsor or have my wife sponsor me?
2. Do you suppose my stay in the US might present some challenges?
3. Would my age also be a concern?

Thanks.
Unfortunately your chances of approval are not good. Yes your stay in the US and your wife living in the US essentially confirms that you won't want to return to Nigeria. Would be best to show as much money and more potential income when applying. Yes your age is also a concern. The fact that you haven't been working so the new degree won't lead to career progression since yoy haven't been working. What was your status for 17 years in the US. Your best chance of coming to Canada is qualifying for PR. You or your wife could qualify. If you were attending a masters program there may be a chance at getting a study permit.