+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial support critical QUESTION

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi there! Our family friend is willing to support my studies in Canada. I have already accepted at the DLI and I’m completing all my requirements. Our family friend had already provided me with the affidavit of support (notarized), letter of support, bank statements, COE, ITR, other assets such as time deposits. Will that be enough? Thank you
Non-family sponsors are tricky, especially if they are an individual. Your best bet is for them to pay the full 1-year tuition fee to the DLI and also transfer your living expenses to your account.

Reactions: Ysthyr

Ysthyr

May 3, 2021
How old are you? Are you working? Or Independent
I’m 37 years old. I’m working as an administrative officer. I’m married with no kids. My husband and I doesn’t have enough funds on our bank account so our friend offered to help us by providing affidavit of support. Will that be a problem?

Ysthyr

May 3, 2021
Non-family sponsors are tricky, especially if they are an individual. Your best bet is for them to pay the full 1-year tuition fee to the DLI and also transfer your living expenses to your account.
So you mean, I should have them transfer the money into my account and have them write an affidavit of support? Because putting a big chunk of money at once would raise VO eyebrows and question where the money came from.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I’m 37 years old. I’m working as an administrative officer. I’m married with no kids. My husband and I doesn’t have enough funds on our bank account so our friend offered to help us by providing affidavit of support. Will that be a problem?
Yes that can be a problem. VO expect applicant to provide PoF and other financial assets. This avoid question when sponsor who is not relating to you decides not to support you after your approved SP…However im not saying thats automatic rejection, but take my comments and others and do your research before apply. At 37yrs old, married with employment, that situation raises concern

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi,

For sponsorship you need;

1. One reference letter (good if it's on official letter head) showing,

- Sponsor occupation
- Relationship to you
- Number of dependent they have!
- Full Contact details.
- One letter from the Sponsor's employer (on a letter head) showing;

1. Employer contact details
2. Business address.

* In case your possible sponsor lives abroad thn you also need;

1. Passport copy with Visa status.
2. SIN number /Identity card, if any.
3. ITR details.
4. Bank statement

For your reference I quote one post of dadakoko, a member who has secured visa based on two sponsorship. It's very useful.

"Hi All,

Enfield is it a claim if I have gotten the Visa?

Yes I got the Visa and yes I had sponsors from 2 countries but this is what I did:

a) I made sure I had the $10,000 needed for me the main sponsor and $4,000 for my spouse in my account for about 4 months.

b) I paid 1 year Tuition fees.

c) My Admission letter stated that I would need about $29,000 for 1 year. I therefore made sure I had about $15,000 in addition to the amount in (a) above to make the $29,000.

d) My sponsors sent in their letter of sponsorship as well as 6 months bank statements and other relevant investments documents. They also sent in their Visa status in the respective countries of residence.

In addition to the above of course I added, my SOP and other relevant documents.

Yes you can use sponsors from any where in the world as far as you can prove relationship and ensure the required monies are in your account. That is what I did!"

source : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponser-is-in-uk-will-affect-my-visa-t85064.0.html
Is it possible like my real sister can sponsor funds from another country ? Will it impact visa chances ?

Mahakarora

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Is it possible like my real sister can sponsor funds from another country ? Will it impact visa chances ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Depends. An adult with their own family should have their own funds or have good credit standing to take out a loan in their own name to fund your studies.