+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of financial resource of supporter for visitor visa? I am living on a minimum wage job and I do not have more than 1000$ in my bank account

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to my wife who is in India. I came to Canada as a Permanent Resident and I am working as a customer service agent on a wage of 14.5$ per hour.

As spouse visa applications are taking around a year, I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to my wife. But, I do not have more than 1000$ in my account whereas, I can show 10000$ in my wife's Indian bank account.

I have paystubs that I receive biweekly from my call center employer.

So, can I apply for a visitor visa to my wife? Would the visa officer would be convinced that I can take care of the visitor on minimum wage salary?

Please provide suggestions guys..... Any advices would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Achillies

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to my wife who is in India. I came to Canada as a Permanent Resident and I am working as a customer service agent on a wage of 14.5$ per hour.

As spouse visa applications are taking around a year, I am planning to apply for a visitor visa to my wife. But, I do not have more than 1000$ in my account whereas, I can show 10000$ in my wife's Indian bank account.

I have paystubs that I receive biweekly from my call center employer.

So, can I apply for a visitor visa to my wife? Would the visa officer would be convinced that I can take care of the visitor on minimum wage salary?

Please provide suggestions guys..... Any advices would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Achillies

Your wife is the one who needs to apply for a TRV and show she has enough funds to support her travels. Between her flight and the quarantine hotel your wife may only have 5-6K left. In many provinces she won’t have healthcare coverage so paying for emergency health insurance is another expense. You can certainly try but spouses of PRs often struggle to get TRVs unless they can prove they have strong ties to their home country and won’t remain in Canada since they are applying for a visitor visa. There is no harm in trying. Couples who have had long processing delays due to covid have had a better chance getting a TRV. When did you apply?

You are on a very tight budget so if she is working in her home country it may be a good idea for her to continue working and save more money. Although there is no income requirement to sponsor a spouse you do have to show you can support your family without government help. It would be much better for her to be able to show the 10k if they ask you how you will support her with only 1K.

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
Your wife is the one who needs to apply for a TRV and show she has enough funds to support her travels. Between her flight and the quarantine hotel your wife may only have 5-6K left. In many provinces she won’t have healthcare coverage so paying for emergency health insurance is another expense. You can certainly try but spouses of PRs often struggle to get TRVs unless they can prove they have strong ties to their home country and won’t remain in Canada since they are applying for a visitor visa. There is no harm in trying. Couples who have had long processing delays due to covid have had a better chance getting a TRV. When did you apply?

You are on a very tight budget so if she is working in her home country it may be a good idea for her to continue working and save more money. Although there is no income requirement to sponsor a spouse you do have to show you can support your family without government help. It would be much better for her to be able to show the 10k if they ask you how you will support her with only 1K.
Thanks alot for the reply. I haven't applied yet, but I'm planning to apply for the TRV. I'm also in a process of applying for Spouse visa.