+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of English language

Saturnn

Jun 20, 2016
Hello,

I have degree from out of Canada and my language of instruction was in English. Degree certificate didn't mention language of instruction but some transcript does have language of instruction in English. All information on degree certificate and transcripts are in English. I have done one year fast track certificate course in Canada but I am graduating in August. I am wondering if I can use above information or I have to give IELTS or Celpip. Please advice.
Thank you.

canadaon

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be able to use the above certificate as proof. I'd get a letter stating that the degree was in English or any source like a website snapshot that shows that the course was in English.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Saturnn said:
Hello,

I have degree from out of Canada and my language of instruction was in English. Degree certificate didn't mention language of instruction but some transcript does have language of instruction in English. All information on degree certificate and transcripts are in English. I have done one year fast track certificate course in Canada but I am graduating in August. I am wondering if I can use above information or I have to give IELTS or Celpip. Please advice.
Thank you.
I heard some people have had problems with just the degree certificate alone. To be safe I would include the transcript stating the language or instruction was English.

On our application we included copies of degree certificates and transcripts both stating the language of instruction and assessment was English.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Saturnn said:
Hello,

Thank you.
As mentioned above, showing a degree or certificate in English doesn't mean much. You need to prove that the courses were taught in English / French. Showing documentations that the courses were taught in English / French is needed.

Saturnn

Jun 20, 2016
canadaon said:
You should be able to use the above certificate as proof. I'd get a letter stating that the degree was in English or any source like a website snapshot that shows that the course was in English.
Cappuccino said:
I heard some people have had problems with just the degree certificate alone. To be safe I would include the transcript stating the language or instruction was English.

On our application we included copies of degree certificates and transcripts both stating the language of instruction and assessment was English.
screech339 said:
As mentioned above, showing a degree or certificate in English doesn't mean much. You need to prove that the courses were taught in English / French. Showing documentations that the courses were taught in English / French is needed.
Only one Transcript shows medium of instruction was in English is that enough? I am taking 1 year certificate course from Post graduate institute here and graduating in Oct. If I can get a letter from institute, will that work?
Thanks

benjie

Jan 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saturnn said:
Only one Transcript shows medium of instruction was in English is that enough? I am taking 1 year certificate course from Post graduate institute here and graduating in Oct. If I can get a letter from institute, will that work?
Thanks
Its not gonna work. I sent my application january 30 when suddenly my apps return back bec pf my language evidence i was takinf my post graduate and my graduation is on november.. So include my tor and a letter from the school that i am full time student and the instruction Is english but. The immg. Need that u complete and u have the diploma or certificate with the tor.. So i apply celpip and wait for another 3 months for my celpip schedule. Once i got my celpip score i send it right away..

Saturnn

Jun 20, 2016
screech339 said:
Finally I got a letter from my college stating my medium of instruction was in English. Now I have scanned copy, will it work or do I need to send original?
Thanks for all your help guys

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yashar83 said:
I sent my english 12 mark from high school. they returned my documents
Yes - that would certainly result in a returned application. This isn't on the list of accepted proof.

sniper2

Jun 2, 2014
Finally I got a letter from my college stating my medium of instruction was in English. Now I have scanned copy, will it work or do I need to send original?
Thanks for all your help guys
Hi

Did you sent a copy and kept the original for the interview or you send the original letter (medium of instruction) with application? thx

Last edited:

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, do we have send orignal of language proof or the copy? I am thinking to include celpip (ls) scores copy, my transcript and degree along with the letter from my school that medium of instruction was english? Is that alright?

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi, do we have send orignal of language proof or the copy? I am thinking to include celpip (ls) scores copy, my transcript and degree along with the letter from my school that medium of instruction was english? Is that alright?
You have to send only copy. If you have Celpip score is enough. You don't need to include the transcript and degree or any other letter regarding your language.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Celpip score is online that you can view, the official score report is mailed to you sealed, you should not open it, that's the copy you send with the app.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I am getting a little bit concerned about this language proof. Most of my friends who applied for citizenship just submitted their Diploma and transcript of records (Philippines/ Bachelors Degree) for proof. CIC accepted it. They are all citizens now. They did not submit a letter stating that the medium of instruction is in English. So how come other people are having problems with this even if they have diploma and transcripts?