Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Maybe it depends on the University name itself.

ccruz

Aug 7, 2018
I am getting a little bit concerned about this language proof. Most of my friends who applied for citizenship just submitted their Diploma and transcript of records (Philippines/ Bachelors Degree) for proof. CIC accepted it. They are all citizens now. They did not submit a letter stating that the medium of instruction is in English. So how come other people are having problems with this even if they have diploma and transcripts?
This is also a dilemma for me.

I am sponsored by my husband so I didn't take any language exam when I came to Canada.

I'm now going through the citizenship requirements. The 'Proof of English' language is the one requirement I lack. I'd like to ask if, indeed, a school transcript/diploma is enough? I graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications from the Philippines.

Will appreciate any advice/input.

Thanks!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)

I am sponsored by my husband so I didn't take any language exam when I came to Canada.

I'm now going through the citizenship requirements. The 'Proof of English' language is the one requirement I lack. I'd like to ask if, indeed, a school transcript/diploma is enough? I graduated from college with a Bachelor's Degree in Communications from the Philippines.

Thanks!
Hello! Good thing that I saw this thread again.

Anyway, don’t worry about this anymore. My transcript and diploma were accepted. (I submitted high school diploma, transcript and diploma from my university. I didn’t need to get a letter as proof that english is the medium used. Like you, I also graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication :)

Good luck!

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife

Thanks!
Hi,

I know it's late but I am in the same boat. Just wanted to know if they accepted your degree as a proof of English!! Your reply would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi,

I know it's late but I am in the same boat. Just wanted to know if they accepted your degree as a proof of English!! Your reply would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
They should accept. Degree, transcripts, resume, description of type of job to you were doing in Canada for 3 years, and if you were the primary applicant, then the proficiency is already proven. All this together is your proof. So no separate test required.

Reactions: parteek

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018

Thanks!
Hi @ccruz ! My situation is same as yours. What did you submit for your English language proof?
I had my high school and college completion from the Philippines. My high school diploma is in English while my college diploma is in Filipino. I'm considering of using my high school diploma for my application so I don't have to go through the hassle of obtaining the certified English translation and a request letter from my university, CELPIP/IELTS Test, etc?

It does not mention though on the website that it has to be your latest or highest education received.
But then again, I'm not quite sure about this so appreciate your inputs on this. I hope you do share you experience!

Thanks much!

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Hello! Good thing that I saw this thread again.

Anyway, don’t worry about this anymore. My transcript and diploma were accepted. (I submitted high school diploma, transcript and diploma from my university. I didn’t need to get a letter as proof that english is the medium used. Like you, I also graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication :)

Good luck!
Hi @charmainefrances ! Good evening! Do you think high school diploma (it'sin English) only would suffice as proof? I also had my Bachelor's degree from the Philippines, but it was in Tagalog (I also had TOR in English). I don't want to go through the hassle of doing translation, certification, CELPIP/IELTS test, etc. Hence, I'm thinking of using my high school diploma only in English ( no Transcript).

From website, to my understanding it says "Photocopy of "degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad. "

Appreciate your inputs. Thank you!