+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of employment

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,

I have a query regarding submission of proof of employment after receiving an ITA

I believe the reference letter (on company letter head) should have the signature of immediate supervisor along with his/her business card.

My supervisor in my previous organization has moved to USA.
1. Who in that case can sign the letter?
2. Will the signing authorities business card be required ?
3. Should the reference letter also mention that the person, who I was initially reporting to, is no longer present in the country?

Appreciate your help/ guidance in this regard.

Thanks

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
You can get it signed by the HR department head. If the reference letter contains the company letter head ( contact details, address,etc) then business card is not required.

Also the reference letter need not mention that your supervisor has left the country.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
1. HR Department/New Supervisor if he/she is will to do sign
2. Business card is only required if it is personal letter, however sending business card will only strengthen your application
3. People move! I have worked under 8 different managers in my past job, however, I got the Reference Letter from VP (Now VP technically didn't even know me, HR went inside to get the signature and he signed without even reading it, VP of very big research and consulting company)...So it should not be mentioned and I don't think company could write that he/she left the company. Isn't that is not so good confidentiality practice!

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
As a follow-up question, since I have been working for universities, will a reference letter from a departmental chair or the college dean with the university letter head sufficient, with all the required details of course? Do not want to deal with the HR. Are there any seniors who can shed light no this question?

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. But in case of my present firm, is it absolutely necessary to get the job duties listed on the reference letter?

I am asking this because I have told the HR that I am applying for tourist visa and I need a reference letter. She however said that a tourist visa doesnt need job duties. If I still need those, I need to get them validated by my reporting manager and I am not too keen on informing my reporting manager about all this.

Is there any other way we can prove our job duties?

Thanks.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
If removing current job has no impact on your CRS Score, then remove the current job and put in Personal History!

If it impacts your CRS Score then, get the letter from HR and get the roles and responsibilities letter notarized by the lawyer and submit to CIC.

I'll use the least number of employers with maximum number of years in Work History. One of my mates who worked in 4 jobs got PR on basis on only single job where he worked for 3 years as it gave him maximum points. It also reduces complication for you!

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
Hi,

The HR from my firm shall give me a letter of reference with all details except the job duties. She however might mention that it is for tourist visa of Canada /USA.

I however have a confirmation of job duties from my manager over mail.

Can I submit the letter of reference from HR (mentioning the reason as tourist visa application) along with email confirmation from manager for my job duties??

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkartik3 said:
Hi,

The HR from my firm shall give me a letter of reference with all details except the job duties. She however might mention that it is for tourist visa of Canada /USA.

I however have a confirmation of job duties from my manager over mail.

Can I submit the letter of reference from HR (mentioning the reason as tourist visa application) along with email confirmation from manager for my job duties??

Thanks
When it comes to HR, simply state that you need simple employment confirmation letter with stating at least name of your position, employment time and that it continues and current salary.
As the reason, better try to convince them, that it is on your own request.

When it comes to your job duties, you can use notarized reference letter from your manager.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
vensak said:
When it comes to HR, simply state that you need simple employment confirmation letter with stating at least name of your position, employment time and that it continues and current salary.
As the reason, better try to convince them, that it is on your own request.

When it comes to your job duties, you can use notarized reference letter from your manager.
If I ask them for a simple employment letter, in that case, it is quite possible that they may ask me to use my offer letter along with my pay-slips as a proof of employment.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkartik3 said:
If I ask them for a simple employment letter, in that case, it is quite possible that they may ask me to use my offer letter along with my pay-slips as a proof of employment.
If you have all that, I do not see problem there. all you need is to prove your work experience (how long it was or is, if the job matches NOC and it if was paid). ideally with 1 letter, but if not possible with several documents supporting each other.
Then let it on immigration officer, if he will be satisfied or needs some more proof.

singhkartik3

Star Member
Jun 30, 2016
vensak said:
If you have all that, I do not see problem there. all you need is to prove your work experience (how long it was or is, if the job matches NOC and it if was paid). ideally with 1 letter, but if not possible with several documents supporting each other.
Then let it on immigration officer, if he will be satisfied or needs some more proof.
In my current job, I have my pay slips (mentioning my joining date), my offer letter with my annual salary and my designation. It however does not have my job duties and work hours per week. Which is why I needed a letter from the HR.

Same is the case with my previous employer. I have my offer letter, my relieving letter, promotion letter mentioning my new CTC and my pay slips. I however do not have my document stating my job duties. Which is why I again need a letter from the HR.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkartik3 said:
In my current job, I have my pay slips (mentioning my joining date), my offer letter with my annual salary and my designation. It however does not have my job duties and work hours per week. Which is why I needed a letter from the HR.

Same is the case with my previous employer. I have my offer letter, my relieving letter, promotion letter mentioning my new CTC and my pay slips. I however do not have my document stating my job duties. Which is why I again need a letter from the HR.

Please let me know if I am wrong.
Exactly,
you need somebody responsible (HR or your Manager) to state your duties. In some companies they do however have standardised description of position (which is part of the internal ISO documentation).

jumanirohan

Jun 23, 2016
Hi All,

One of my previous company isn't giving me proof of employment on their letter head as per CIC requirements, although I have offer letter, salary slips and relieving letter from them. In addition, I also have a notorized document on Rs.100 stamp paper which states my roles and responsibilities, my designation and the time I worked with them. It has been signed by my senior colleague. Will this document suffice? Do I need any additional documents to support my work experience for this organisation? Like a business card etc etc? Also the name of the company has changed :(.

Like previously it was X company which was acquired by Y. I joined Y company. Now Y sold off their shares and company name is back to X. How do I prove this? I have documents under the name of Y and offer letter under name of X ??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jumanirohan said:
Hi All,

One of my previous company isn't giving me proof of employment on their letter head as per CIC requirements, although I have offer letter, salary slips and relieving letter from them. In addition, I also have a notorized document on Rs.100 stamp paper which states my roles and responsibilities, my designation and the time I worked with them. It has been signed by my senior colleague. Will this document suffice? Do I need any additional documents to support my work experience for this organisation? Like a business card etc etc? Also the name of the company has changed :(.

Like previously it was X company which was acquired by Y. I joined Y company. Now Y sold off their shares and company name is back to X. How do I prove this? I have documents under the name of Y and offer letter under name of X ??
The change of company name and ownership is not that difficult.
I had the same problem and I solved it using following:
1. I have stated in my explanation this fact and also the date when company has changed the legal name. I have attached official letter that was distributed to all our customers regarding company name and ownership change. (alternatively, you can get proof from some business register stating this, or some confirmation from the current company, that the legal name was changed).

As for work experience, put down what you have so far and you will see how will they take it.

jumanirohan

Jun 23, 2016
Thanks vensak :), I will have to search news and other stuff relating to change of name. Since, I am not part of the organisation, I will not have a note stating the change of name, which is in your case.