+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Employment when company has closed

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
Hello, to give a short summary: I have 15 months of full time experience NOC B in my home country back from April 2017 to July 2018.

However, the company has now close due to the impact of COVID 19.

I am struggling to gather documents to prove my experience back home and I'd love to receive some advices.
I have the following documents:
  • Job contract stating that my employment was from June 2017 to June 2018. (they signed the contract with me after my probation period even though i started in April)
  • Recommendation letter stating my employment was from April 2017 to July 2018.
  • Letter of employment confirmation with job description stating my employment was from April 2017 to July 2018.
Will these documents be enough to prove my experience back home?

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
That should be enough. I'd personally still include a letter of explanation saying that the company has shut down and so may not be available to contact, but that might be overdoing it and might raise a red flag. Wait till some else comments!

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
That should be enough. I'd personally still include a letter of explanation saying that the company has shut down and so may not be available to contact, but that might be overdoing it and might raise a red flag. Wait till some else comments!
The company still has their facebook page and website available right now. I'm thinking of saving all the screenshot as PDF file as a proof.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello, to give a short summary: I have 15 months of full time experience NOC B in my home country back from April 2017 to July 2018.

However, the company has now close due to the impact of COVID 19.

I am struggling to gather documents to prove my experience back home and I'd love to receive some advices.
I have the following documents:
  • Job contract stating that my employment was from June 2017 to June 2018. (they signed the contract with me after my probation period even though i started in April)
  • Recommendation letter stating my employment was from April 2017 to July 2018.
  • Letter of employment confirmation with job description stating my employment was from April 2017 to July 2018.
Will these documents be enough to prove my experience back home?
If the company is shut down, how did you get the letter of recommendation? (Did the company just shut down, after you got the letters?) Can you still contact the person who wrote it and get updated contact information? (You can include that in the letter of explanation, which I would recommend... )

The KEY question is, however - does either letter provide the required details: job title, exact dates of employment, a job description (job duties and responsibilities), salary/wage information, hours worked per week...

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
If the company is shut down, how did you get the letter of recommendation? (Did the company just shut down, after you got the letters?) Can you still contact the person who wrote it and get updated contact information? (You can include that in the letter of explanation, which I would recommend... )

The KEY question is, however - does either letter provide the required details: job title, exact dates of employment, a job description (job duties and responsibilities), salary/wage information, hours worked per week...
I got the recommendation letter when I first left my home country (2 years ago).

The moment I heard the company was on the verge of closing, I contacted my old boss right away to get a letter of employment verification. I drafted the letter myself with all information and asked my old boss to sign and stamp it.

My concern is I have no proof to prove I received salary from the company. (i.e: paystub or bank transfer history)

gin_ny

Mar 30, 2022
I got the recommendation letter when I first left my home country (2 years ago).

The moment I heard the company was on the verge of closing, I contacted my old boss right away to get a letter of employment verification. I drafted the letter myself with all information and asked my old boss to sign and stamp it.

My concern is I have no proof to prove I received salary from the company. (i.e: paystub or bank transfer history)
I was womdering if you have an update about what happened? I also have no proof I received salary from my previous company that shut down.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I was womdering if you have an update about what happened? I also have no proof I received salary from my previous company that shut down.
Do you have reference letter, T4, and Notice of Assessment, and paystubs? From my research on various IRCC sites and forums, the above 4 documents seem to be sufficient. Even if you don’t have paystubs, but have the other 3, you should be still ok. I don’t think they’ll ask for bank transfer history. but that’s just my opinion. Look forward to someone else to comment.

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024

Hi I I am in same condition. I got reference letter and paystub. I worked 2016 to 2018. But the company got closed now. Its shows the in google as temporarily closed.

May I know what happened to your application please?

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
UPDATE: i was lucky and got my PR through TR to PR pathway so i truly don't have an answer for anyone who have the same problem.so sorry about that