+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of education

srkl96

May 15, 2020
Hello! Just received my ITA and it's asking for proof of my education (exact copy below). I have a bachelor's degree from a Canadian university but my dog literally ate my diploma a couple months ago and I never took a photo of it. I do have an official transcript and a letter of completion of my degree from my university. Would these two documents suffice? The university stopped issuing new diplomas until further notice. Thank you!

Exact copy:
Document: Education (diplomas/degrees)
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Trade/apprenticeship
  • Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
  • Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
  • Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello! Just received my ITA and it's asking for proof of my education (exact copy below). I have a bachelor's degree from a Canadian university but my dog literally ate my diploma a couple months ago and I never took a photo of it. I do have an official transcript and a letter of completion of my degree from my university. Would these two documents suffice? The university stopped issuing new diplomas until further notice. Thank you!

Exact copy:
Document: Education (diplomas/degrees)
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Trade/apprenticeship
  • Training in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics;
  • Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician); or
  • Training not at the university level for which a certificate/diploma is awarded.
Bachelor's degree
  • This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Yes, a confirmation of degree letter and official transcripts should be enough.

You could indicate in the letter why your actual diploma is not available and why you can't get a new issued... I don't think I'd be a problem either way because official transcripts and confirmation of degree letter are more than sufficient proof.