+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Education in ITA Form

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
I received ITA last week. I am uploading the documents. I have question regarding proof of education.
I have ECA done for my degree through WES. I have got hard copy which is scanned. Reference of my ECA was updated in EE application.

As per document checklist for proof of eduation from CIC website:

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date.

Can anybody advise if I need to upload scanned copy of ECA or don't upload anything ? If I don't upload, will the system allow me to complete the document submission ?

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
01/06/2016 and 07/06/2016
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
lookcanada said:
I received ITA last week. I am uploading the documents. I have question regarding proof of education.
I have ECA done for my degree through WES. I have got hard copy which is scanned. Reference of my ECA was updated in EE application.

As per document checklist for proof of eduation from CIC website:

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly with the issuing organization.
A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date.

Can anybody advise if I need to upload scanned copy of ECA or don't upload anything ? If I don't upload, will the system allow me to complete the document submission ?
I'm in the same boat as you and also carry this confusion even though my customised document checklist does not ask for a copy of ECA. However from what you have shared above, if it is quoted verbatim from CIC's genetic document checklist, then it seems clear that we do not have to upload a scanned copy of ECA.

Similarly, I have not been asked to provide a scanned copy of IELTS certificate. How about you?

Regards

Shining Star

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
lookcanada said:
In document upload section, "Proof of Education" is present for me.
For me, there is a button called Education where I'm asked to upload copies of my educational documents. Does yours specifically have a button called Proof of Education?

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
By the way, where did you extract the information in your first post form? Can you please share the link?

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
lookcanada said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
For your first question, even if you don't provide an ECA, the system will still allow you to upload your educational documents and complete other steps. However, as suggested by quite a few people on the forum, you can include the ECA in the same file as your educational documents and upload them together.

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for the feedback !!
To be on the safer, I will upload the scanned copy of ECA.

Coming to photo, yesterday I have taken the photo as per specification mentioned in CIC website.
Photo studio person did stamp his seal behind one of the photos & mentioned the date as well.
He gave me soft copy of the photo as well.

So I have to scan the photo (which has photo studio's seal) other way, combine with soft copy of the photo into 1 PDF file.
Is this supposed to be the way we need to do ?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the online submission, you don't need to have the stamp - just the photo is fine.

lookcanada

Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for the feedback.
In the checklist link for photo specification, following information is given:

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.
Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).

The back of one (1) photograph must:
bear the name and complete address of the photography studio
bear the date the photograph was taken
the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels

Any feedback ?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is the specification for when you send in your passport after ppr.

Are you going from the prompts on the document upload screen? The photo specifications for the electronic upload are listed there. That is what is required post ITA. I'd paste it in here for you but I'm on my phone.

Shining Star

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
09/12/2015
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09/01/2016
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
lookcanada said:
Thank you for the feedback.
In the checklist link for photo specification, following information is given:

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.
Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).

The back of one (1) photograph must:
bear the name and complete address of the photography studio
bear the date the photograph was taken
the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels

Any feedback ?
Use the specifications provided on the personalized document checklist. Click on the "?" to view details. It should look like this:

Frame Size:
•The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
•The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
•The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
•Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution:
•If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
•The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
•The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
•The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.