+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of contact for inland cohabiting spouses (is it really neccesary)

pepino99

May 17, 2019
I know that it says that if you cohabite with your spouse and its an inland aplication you dont need proof of contact, but what other stuff do your really need to prove that your relationship is genuine besides the things they ask.

• proof of contact, including letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of contact between the principal applicant and sponsor. A maximum of 10 pages should be provided
Is all of that not neccesary then

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you are cohabitating you do not need to provide proof of contact. You live with your spouse.

You need things like photos together, wedding invitations, letters from friends and family stating that the relationship is genuine, etc.

Reactions: pepino99

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I know that it says that if you cohabite with your spouse and its an inland aplication you dont need proof of contact, but what other stuff do your really need to prove that your relationship is genuine besides the things they ask.

• proof of contact, including letters, printed text messages, emails or social media conversations, or other documented proof of contact between the principal applicant and sponsor. A maximum of 10 pages should be provided
Is all of that not neccesary then
All that is mentioned in the documents checklist is necessary as that will prove to the case officer that your relationship is genuine, they may also ask you for additional documentation as the case moves forward. The requirements are there for a reason and thus provide whatever is there in the checklist to avoid any hiccups/delays in your case.

Reactions: pepino99

pepino99

May 17, 2019
If you are cohabitating you do not need to provide proof of contact. You live with your spouse.

You need things like photos together, wedding invitations, letters from friends and family stating that the relationship is genuine, etc.
the affidavits (letters) must be notarized , and how many is a good number...

Jessilyn

Feb 16, 2018
The checklist will give you options to prove your relationship is genuine and you only have to submit 2 of their options.

Me and my hubby did a utility bill in our name and a copy of my husbands insurance with me listed as his spouse.