+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
How long does a proof of citizenship for minors take? Sent the application the 1st week of June 2019, received at Nova Scotia by the 24th of July and we received the AOR the 1st of October. Can anybody share their timeline here? We would want to spend Christmas in Canada and I also received my PR visa already. All we are waiting for is the citizenship certificate of our kids.

I am from Philippines.

Last edited:

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
How long does a proof of citizenship for minors take? Sent the application the 1st week of June 2019, received at Nova Scotia by the 24th of July and we received the AOR the 1st of October. Can anybody share their timeline here? We would want to spend Christmas in Canada and I also received my PR visa already. All we are waiting for is the citizenship certificate of our kids.

I am from Philippines.
If your application is rountine you should be expecting IN PROCESS this month and hopefully by December...Decision should be made!

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
If your application is rountine you should be expecting IN PROCESS this month and hopefully by December...Decision should be made!
I hope that is the case for me since some had to wait pretty long. I thought the process would only take 4 months.

Last edited:

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I hope that is the case for me since some had to wait pretty long. I thought the process would only take 4 monts.
Like I said if is routine..but is not a guarantee cos each application differes from each other is left for IRCC to determine based on what your application situation is.

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
Thanks! It's just hard to wait since I already had to wait enough for my PR visa.

I hope to hear an update this month.

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
There is no PR visa. Maybe you mean COPR. You must sure you land by the expiry date of the COzpR.
I stand corrected. :) Yes, I meant CoPR.
We pretty much want to go the soonest time possible but it depends on the processing time of the proof of citizenship of our kids. We're leaving as soon as we receive their citizenship certificates as well as their Canadian passports. :)

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
We pretty much want to go the soonest time possible but it depends on the processing time of the proof of citizenship of our kids. We're leaving as soon as we receive their citizenship certificates as well as their Canadian passports. :)
Maybe you can apply for expedited processing of your kids application....your COPR expiring soon as a reason might be considered.

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
Actually we already sent them a letter asking for urgent process. If not for that letter, they did not send us the AOR. They sent us the AOR after receiving our letter but it's been a month since that.

Last edited:

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Actually we already sent them a letter asking for urgent processing. If not for that letter, they did not send us the AOR. They sent us the AOR after receiving our letter but it's been a month since that.
When did you send the letter and how long did it take before the AOR mail arrive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you know when you have to land for your COPR? That needs to be your priority even if you have to land and return right away. If you don’t land before the expiry date you have to start the process all over again. There will be no extensions because you are waiting for proof of citizenship and passports for your children.

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
When did you send the letter and how long did it take before the AOR mail arrive.
We sent the letter the 1st of October and we received the AOR the same day. We sent the letter via webform.
By the way, we have a representative.

Ace27

Nov 3, 2019
Do you know when you have to land for your COPR? That needs to be your priority even if you have to land and return right away. If you don’t land before the expiry date you have to start the process all over again. There will be no extensions because you are waiting for proof of citizenship and passports for your children.
My CoPR will expire on September, 2020.

Domikys

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
We sent the letter the 1st of October and we received the AOR the same day. We sent the letter via webform.
By the way, we have a representative.
You should receive in process by now....the turn round between AOR and IN PROCESS without request for urgent processing is 1 month in most cases and since you requested for URGENT process you ought to have received DECISION made by now.
Did you attach documents backing your urgent processing request?

Reactions: Ace27