+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi, I applied for my daughter proof of citizenship, she is 3 yo, her dad is canadian citizen.
My husband applied from inside canada and got the AOR on August 15, 2017
However, on January 2, 2018, we got the letter from CIC Canada that the application is delayed and now be reffered to the Program Support Unit for final review. It stated also: "We will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible."

I am worried since me (will ask for temporary visa) and my daughter plan to move to canada to live together with her dad in August this year, and I plan to enroll her to preschool, and the registration starts on February.

Anyone has received delay notification and already has approval?
How long did it take?
Thanks!

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi, I applied for my daughter proof of citizenship, she is 3 yo, her dad is canadian citizen.
My husband applied from inside canada and got the AOR on August 15, 2017
However, on January 2, 2018, we got the letter from CIC Canada that the application is delayed and now be reffered to the Program Support Unit for final review. It stated also: "We will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible."

I am worried since me (will ask for temporary visa) and my daughter plan to move to canada to live together with her dad in August this year, and I plan to enroll her to preschool, and the registration starts on February.

Anyone has received delay notification and already has approval?
How long did it take?
Thanks!
be patient

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Also keep in mind that you can't 'live' in Canada on a temporary visitor visa. There is also no guarantee that your application will be approved. To be approved, you will need to show strong ties to your home country (which I feel from your post that you don't have such ties). I hope your application will be accepted, however, as a backup you have 8 7 months (till August) to think about other options to come to Canada such as spousal sponsorship, express entry, etc. (if you qualify). Good Luck!

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
If an application goes to program support, it can take longer than the typical five months. If it's truly going to hold up your daughter from being brought to Canada and able to be reunited with her father, then the father can call and request that they process the proof of citizenship application urgently..
Hi I follow your advise and submit proposal for having proof of citizenship urgently, and THANK YOU SO MUCHHH after I submit this, in less than a week they approve my daughter's proof of citizenship, and everything went well till we got her passport
I also got the TRV and we already reunited in Canada
I submitted In land OWP and Spouse Sponsorship as well, now crossing fingers :)
Really thank you for all support!

Ngomel

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Also keep in mind that you can't 'live' in Canada on a temporary visitor visa. There is also no guarantee that your application will be approved. To be approved, you will need to show strong ties to your home country (which I feel from your post that you don't have such ties). I hope your application will be accepted, however, as a backup you have 8 7 months (till August) to think about other options to come to Canada such as spousal sponsorship, express entry, etc. (if you qualify). Good Luck!
Notedd we understand this and communicate with the officer that I won't overstay or illegal stay
Thank God they gave me the TRV :)
Thank you so much for your kind support