+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship

hcours

Nov 14, 2016
Hi everyone,
Quick question. On December 28, 2016 I received an email saying that my application for proof of citizenship had been received and that they will now review and will contact if additional information is required. Haven't heard anything since so hopefully that's all good. Question I have is relating to status check. I put the numbers in and it's saying they aren't able to identify me. One reason for this that they list is that processing may not have begun. I just want to confirm that it's normal not to be able to check status 6 weeks after they've received it. I understand it can take 6 months for the process. Thanks a lot for any help here.

movingnorth

Jan 26, 2017
Wow, and I thought I'd been waiting a long time. I got my letter three weeks ago and the online system isn't registering me either. I'm in the US, so I thought that might be slowing me down.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hcours said:
Hi everyone,
Quick question. On December 28, 2016 I received an email saying that my application for proof of citizenship had been received and that they will now review and will contact if additional information is required. Haven't heard anything since so hopefully that's all good. Question I have is relating to status check. I put the numbers in and it's saying they aren't able to identify me. One reason for this that they list is that processing may not have begun. I just want to confirm that it's normal not to be able to check status 6 weeks after they've received it. I understand it can take 6 months for the process. Thanks a lot for any help here.
1. It probably hasn't been looked at yet, the processing time is 5 months or so, unless complications arrive, you can expect an additional 3-4 months if the application is made outside Canada or the US.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
hcours said:
Hi everyone,
I also received an email that they received my application on November 15 2016 and since than I can't even log into ecas